[News] Dirac hits Major Milestone (1.0.0), Cinelerra 4 Release

Dirac 1.0.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Dirac is an advanced royalty-free video compression format designed for a
| wide range of uses, from delivering low-resolution web content to
| broadcasting HD and beyond, to near-lossless studio editing. The v1.0.0
| version was released yesterday, and the new VLC version supports playback
| of .ts/.drc Dirac files.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/20301/Dirac_1_0_0_Released

Cinelerra 4 arrives

,----[ Quote ]
| The main Cinelerra page lists the software's many features. Version 4.0 of
| Cinelerra was released on August 8, 2008, the change log details the most
| recent feature additions. Older project history is available in the news
| document. One big change for this release is the availability of pre-compiled
| binaries for 32 and 64 bit versions of Ubuntu 8.04. This can be a real time
| saver due to the complexity of the build process, and will give access to a
| wider variety of users.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/296608/

Recent:

Cinelerra community forks the video editor

,----[ Quote ]
| The realization that HV and the Cinelerra community have different goals
| prompted a new milestone. The community is now creating a total rewrite of
| Cinelerra and striking out on its own, starting with version 3.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/126441

Cinelerra is very easy - 3/3

,----[ Quote ]
| As a film trilogy, on this howto we'll finish our dvd foto album with
| cinelerra. As you can see cinelerra is very powerfull, without 3d transitions
| ( for now ), but with an user interface that can make everythings possible.
| But on this tutorial we'll can see "only" all step to make our dvd.
`----

http://project.akirad.net/node/15

Worlds first high performance Dirac video codec implementation available

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10452.html