[News] New Booting technology to Debut in Fedora 10

We didn’t land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us.

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s a new feature coming in Fedora 10 that is going to be very apparent
| to users trying the F10 Beta as their first introduction to the release.
| Plymouth uses X modesetting to drop the aging rhgb graphical boot engine in
| favor of a sleeker, faster system.
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1174

Recent:

Upcoming Fedora 10 release foreshadows Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6

,----[ Quote ]
| For Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administrators, handling software
| packages, administering policies and managing networks all are going to get
| easier. At least that's the promise.
|
| Fedora, a Red Hat-sponsored community software development project, will
| introduce these changes first in Fedora 10, scheduled for release on Oct. 28.
| After more than a year of testing and user feedback, the improvements will be
| incorporated in production-ready RHEL 6 which is planned for release in the
| first quarter of 2010.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1328938,00.html

Fedora 10 Takes Shape

,----[ Quote ]
| What does the future hold for Linux development at Red Hat? A look at some of
| the new features coming in the Fedora 10 Linux distribution release might
| yield some clues.
|
| Currently in early development with a feature freeze scheduled for the end of
| August, Fedora 10 includes a host of improvements that aim to improve audio,
| packaging, networking and security features.
|
| The development of Fedora 10 comes as Red Hat continues to try and push the
| envelope for Linux with new and emerging technology targets. Fedora plays an
| important role for Red Hat since the OS serves as an incubator for
| technologies that often end up in the company's flagship, Red Hat Enterprise
| Linux (RHEL).
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3766271/Fedora+10+Takes+Shape.htm
http://tinyurl.com/65y6bp

The Fedora Project Announces Fedora Scholarship

,----[ Quote ]
| Helping develop and foster up and coming talent in the open source software
| field, the Fedora Project, a Red Hat sponsored and community-supported open
| source collaboration, has announced the newly created Fedora Scholarship
| programme.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/28172/news.htm

9 + 5 things you’ll get with Fedora 10

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 10 will be released on 28th October 2008, let’s take a look at what
| some of the upcoming features, 9 of them have been accepted by the team, 5
| more are still in the “proposed” state. If you want you can check the whole
| list.
`----

http://fabrizioballiano.net/2008/08/06/9-5-things-youll-get-with-fedora-10/
http://tinyurl.com/5n2eqw