[News] GNU/Linux Fun with Unetbootin, Network Installs

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Fun with Unetbootin, Network Installs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:45:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

My New Best Friend: Unetbootin

,----[ Quote ]
| Now instead of burning my ISOs individually to disk, I save them in a folder
| on a hard drive. When the drive fills up, I may archive them to DVD or
| perhaps just dispose of them. I have not got to that point yet. I am too busy
| having fun installing and running Live distros. Unetbootin supports lots of
| distros. There may be a few obsure ones that won’t work, but I haven’t found
| them yet.
`----

http://linuxcanuck.wordpress.com/2008/09/16/my-new-best-friend-unetbootin/

Cobbler Install Server Seeks Debian Volunteers

,----[ Quote ]
| Cobbler was one of the reasons why Red Hat opened its Satellite Server code
| in June, and is slated to become part of Spacewalk next year. Cobbler is
| capable of a variety of network installation methods, including PXE,
| media-based network installs, and installations of virtual systems. It also
| features networking and package mirroring management tools.
`----

http://ostatic.com/173325-blog/cobbler-install-server-seeks-debian-volunteers

Recent:

3 Ways To Linux For The Weak Of Heart

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux need not be the scary beast. It can be fun and educational. It also
| does not mean you need to give up the Operating Systems you know and
| tolerate. In the world of Linux all are friends and we know how to play with
| others.
`----

http://www.pcmech.com/article/3-ways-to-linux-for-the-weak-of-heart/

Related: