Re: [News] [SOT] British Government Embraces Microsoft Mentality, Will Permit Spyware

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Phorm conforms, says UK government

,----[ Quote ]
| IN RESPONSE TO complaints of 'intrusion' from critics, the government has | confirmed that new ad system conPhorms to EU data laws. | | The controversy over the ad-serving system known more commonly as Phorm, | began after exposure that the system had been tested by BT without the | consent of users – thus intruding on their privacy. | | Although the gov has said that this system conforms to EU standards – it has | been made clear that any further deployment of the system must be done with | consent only, giving those who wish to the choice to opt out. `----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/09/16/uk-government-responds-ad-critics

This government never ceases to amaze me with its total fuckwittery and love of big brother surveillance. The sooner we have an election the better.