[News] Novellsoft Finds New Channel Chief After Predecessor Left Within Months

Novell Turns Inside To Hire Its New Channel Chief

,----[ Quote ]
| Colado's appointment, effective last week, comes nearly six weeks after the
| sudden departure of vice president of global channel sales Pat Bernard who
| left, according to the company, "to pursue other interests." Colado will
| report to president and CEO Ron Hovsepian and will relocate from Spain to
| work in Novell's Waltham, Mass., headquarters.
|
| Novell's channel management has undergone some turbulence during the last
| year. Bernard took the reins of the company's channel operations just last
| November when Novell's channel executive ranks underwent major changes
| including the departures of Steve Erdman, vice president and general manager
| of channels and alliances, and James Simzer, director of North America
| partner sales.
`----

http://www.crn.com/it-channel/210601319?cid=topicalFeed

Recent:

A Question About the Novell-Microsoft Deal

,----[ Quote ]
| As an investor, I want to consider all possibilities, which means having all
| material facts available. If I am missing material pieces, it's just
| guessing. I read conflicting reports about the deal, and I have no way to
| know which is true. You would need details. For example, we read that
| Microsoft bought certificates, for which it paid Novell now. So it looks like
| Novell just made $100 million. But once the vouchers are obtained by
| customers, then Microsoft gets some of the money the customer pays for the
| services and support, I'm thinking, or why would they do it? So exactly what
| is the figure that Novell really gets in the end? I have no idea, and I have
| no way to find out, unless they file the agreement with the SEC and let me
| read it.
|
| So, what are the regulations? I had no idea, so I went to look. I hoped to be
| able to do some research and get a firm understanding, but the truth is, this
| is a subject that is, for starters, a little squishy in the wording of the
| regulation and a deep enough subject that lawyers and accountants who
| specialize in such matters go to conferences to try to keep up with latest
| developments in this area of speciality, so the odds of me figuring it all
| out in a couple of days are somewhere between slim to none. So I'll just show
| you the regulation, and the exception, and let those who understand all this
| better than I do figure out the answer to my question: why doesn't Novell
| have to reveal the terms of this agreement in a filing with the SEC? Or
| Microsoft? I may not know the answer, but I know it's the right question.

Novell fraud lawsuit settled for $13.9M.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0198-225344/Novell-fraud-lawsuit-settled-for.html