[News] Myths About Free Software (You Suffer What You Pay For)

Twelve Myths about Free and Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| By now, you'd think that anyone who owns a computer knows about free and open
| source software (FOSS). However, once you move beyond techie circles, you'll
| find that, for many people, the concept is unknown. Even worse, when people
| have heard of it, they have alarming -- and rather discouraging --
| misconceptions of what it involves.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3771441/Twelve+Myths+about+Free+and+Open+Source+Software.htm

Recent:

It wasn’t supposed to be this easy

,----[ Quote ]
| At least, that’s what various people have told me. The it to which I refer
| was connecting my laptop to a wireless printer.
|
| [...]
|
| Still, I keep hearing stories about people having trouble with printing under
| Linux.
`----

http://scottnesbitt.net/ubuntublog/?p=214

You've CUPSed a long way, baby.

,----[ Quote ]
| He went on his way and I plugged in the usb cable. Getting ready to go into
| the menu to configure the thing a notification thinger pops up and told me
| the printer was ready. It didn't even ask me a question. NOT A THING.
`----

http://stompbox.typepad.com/blog/2008/08/youve-cupsed-a.html

Related:

Installing A New Printer. Windows vs. Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.thesourceshow.org/node/69