[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: Foresight Mobile Edition, Greenie, Sidux

Download Foresight Mobile Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight Mobile Edition is a Linux distribution for your netbook or ultra
| portable PC that features a rolling release schedule that always keeps your
| desktop up to date; a revolutionary package manager, Conary; a customized
| GNOME
`----

http://www.foresightlinux.org/mobile.html

Greenie 3.1H

http://www.greenie.sk/

sidux 2008-03 preview 1

,----[ Quote ]
| sidux is a full featured Debian sid based live CD with a special focus on
| hard disk installations, a clean upgrade path within sid and additional hard-
| and software support. The ISO is completely based on Debian sid, enriched and
| stabilized with sidux' own packages and scripts.
`----

http://sidux.com/Article450.html

Recent:

Sidux, a Great Alternative to Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Sidux is a new Debian derivative that's still just a baby, born in January
| 2007. Sidux announced a brand-new release on June 26, Sidux 2008-02, so we're
| going to kick the tires and take it for a drive, and see what sets it apart
| from other children of Debian. Currently it offers a choice of the KDE or
| Fluxbox desktop, and it supports both 32-bit i686 and AMD64.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6498/1/

On sidux 2008.02 Xfce

,----[ Quote ]
| My overall impression so far has been a good one. There have been no major
| hangups. No overwhelming lack of performance. It performs as well as I can
| ask any Linux distro. Due to that, this release has moved sidux ( Xfce
| version, of course ) into my short list.
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2008/06/on-sidux-200802-xfce.html

sidux 2008-02

,----[ Quote ]
| A little later than planned due to a number of library transitions in Debian/
| sid, we now have the pleasure to announce the immediate availability of sidux
| 2008-02 "Έρεβος", shipping in roughly ≈470 MB kde-lite flavours for amd64 and
| i386 (i686), a combined i386+amd64 release with ≈1.5 GB KDE for kde-full and,
| as usual, an xdelta to add initial localisations for all currently supported
| languages. Enhancing the sidux family, a roughly ≈420 MB large XFCE variant
| has been added for amd64 and i386 (i686) for the first time.
`----

http://sidux.com/Article440.html

Review: Sidux 2008.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Sidux's primary motto is that it's "Debian Hot and Spicy".  Really, I didn't
| find anything "Hot and Spicy" about it.  In fact, the entire desktop
| experience is calm, soothing, and productive.  Overall I like Sidux.  I'm
| very impressed with its speed, its ease of use, the tools it has and more.
| But it's not quite up to a point yet where I can recommend it to new users.
| Now if a user who had a bit more experience wanted to take it for a spin,
| then I would by all means recommend this distribution.  Think of it like a
| house that has a few flaws with it.  It's great for someone who doesn't mind
| tinkering, but not for someone who wants a turnkey house.
|
| Now in the future if they clean up the few things I mentioned and make them
| more new user friendly, then by all means I would love to recommend this
| distribution to new users, because I think they'd do well with it if those
| couple of things could be fixed.  If you'd like to download this
| distribution, or learn more about it, I recommend going to their homepage.
| There's a lot of great things there to get you started into the world of
| Sidux.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=416

Interview with Chris Hildebrandt, the sidux project

,----[ Quote ]
| The sidux project has emerged as one of the star distributions of this year.
| With its methodical approach to stabilising Debian's unstable branch and
| turning it into a pleasant and fast desktop system, many users are
| discovering the pleasure of running a cutting edge development branch of a
| major distribution without the most of the risks associated with using such a
| fast-changing system. DistroWatch emailed Chris Hildebrandt, one of the
| project's founders, to ask about the secrets of sidux.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080324#feature

Related:

Sneak Peak at Soon Arriving SiDUX 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Let’s not get overwhelmed by this and try to focus on those few distributions
| that really worth using, reviewing, presenting to new users and so on. Will
| Sidux 2008, code name “Νυξ” be part of the select club of the Chosen Ones? We
| shall see once the full featured final release of “Νυξ” will be released to
| the public. Until then, let’s see what “Νυξ” has in store for us.
`----

http://www.linuxlove.org/2008/03/03/sneak-peak-at-soon-arriving-sidux-2008/

sidux 2007-04.5 christmas special

,----[ Quote ]
| A lot has changed since sidux 2007-04 "Ερως" got released, most importantly
| additional hardware support for concurrent graphics-, DVB-, ALSA- and
| wireless LAN devices, which suggests to fresh up "Ερως", while continuing the
| development for sidux 2008-01 "Νυξ". Consequently we are now proud to
| announce the immediate availability of the sidux 2007-04.5 "Ερως" christmas
| special for amd64 and i686 systems, shipping in roughly ≈445 MB KDE lite
| flavours and a combined i386+amd64 release with ≈1430 MB KDE for kde-full.
`----

http://sidux.com/Article376.html

Sidux Linux 2007.4

,----[ Quote ]
| I didn't run into any stability issues and the inclusion of multimedia
| support was nice. I also liked that it synced up with the official Debian
| repositories. MP3 support will rule out any Debian diehards, but I imagine
| they would just use vanilla Sid instead.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/sidux20074.htm

Seduced by Sidux

,----[ Quote ]
| Sidux may have successfully seduced me, but I have to wait and try the
| Distribution Release so that I can properly and fully express my desire for
| this fine distro.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/11/seduced-by-sidux.html

sidux 2007-03 Review - The Sexiest.

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/163/1/

Screenshots of Sidux 2007-03 preview1

,----[ Quote ]
| By the way, another improvement  seen in sidux 2007-03 preview1 is the fonts
| used.
|
| The Bitstream Vera Sans 11  is  definitely  better!   Just  visit the
| Distrowatch  with  the Iceweasal browser.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/159/1/

Sidux 2007-02 - A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Simply put, Sidux 2007-02 was a pleasure to use. The live CD
| worked beautifully, as did the installer. The desktop is very
| dark, but this is nice to see after using so many “light” distributions.
`----

http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/06/29/sidux-2007-02-a-review/

sidux 2007-02

,----[ Quote ]
| After 3 months of development we are proud to announce the
| immediate availability of the sidux-2007-02...
`----

http://sidux.com/Article236.html

sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel
| 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully
| functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot
| sequence; largely adapted installer and graphical installer
| front-end; enhanced installer for meta tasks; new artwork;o
| ffline manual...
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9846.phtml

Sidux: A live CD for Debian unstable

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a rare distribution that impresses me before I've even tried it,
| but sidux did just that when, a few hours after I'd downloaded and
| burned a two-day-old preview release, the project announced that the
| next release was available for download.
`----

http://distrocenter.linux.com/distrocenter/07/02/28/1017239.shtml?tid=127

SIDUX 2007-01 Linux LiveCD

,----[ Quote ]
| Screenshots gallery
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=655&num=1

Testdriving Sidux 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Sidux ships with a 2.6.20 kernel, Xorg 7.1.1, gcc 4.1.2, and KDE
| 3.5.5. Iceweasel 2.0.0.1 appears to be the default browser and
| OpenOffice.org is only at version 2.0.4. Besides what appears to
| be most of the KDE apps, other apps include The Gimp, Amarok,
| K3B, Kaffine, Scribus, XFMedia player, and Inkscape. There are a
| few system configuration tools, but not a lot. Ksensors is
| available through apt-get.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/13870

sidux -- a new star in the Linux galaxy

,----[ Quote ]
| What's most impressive: the huge amount of user documentation
| their documentation and translation teams have managed to write
| up in the short amount of time (the sidux user manual is currently
| available in English as well as Danish, Kroatian, Spanish and
| German).
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2691

sidux 2007-01 release

,----[ Quote ]
| sidux is a full featured Debian Sid based live CD with a special
| focus on hard disk installations, a clean upgrade path within
| Sid and additional hard- and software support.
`----

http://sidux.com/Article116.html

Sidux vs. Mint: Can You Live the Pure Open Source Life?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/16952