[News] Introduction to KDE PowerDevil, Development News

Introducing the darkest power of PowerDevil

,----[ Quote ]
| So, want to give it a shot? PowerDevil is, at the moment, in kdereview, but
| will be soon moved to kdebase and will be the default powermanager in KDE
| 4.2.
`----

http://drfav.wordpress.com/2008/09/12/introducing-the-darkest-power-of-powerdevil/

KDE Commit Digest: Issue 127: 7th September 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Rob Scheepmaker introduces his work on "Extenders in Plasma":
| I've been working on Extenders for my Google Summer of Code project, and
| while there are still a couple of known (and probably also unknown) problems,
| they are basically ready for use. I'd like to take this opportunity to
| explain and show what this extender thing actually is, and why it is awesome.
|
| Thanks to extenders, it is now very easy for applet developers to embed
| relocatable widgets in your applet. Any QGraphicsWidget can be wrapped in a
| so-called "ExtenderItem", which allows the widget to be simply dragged
| anywhere by the user. Items that have been "detached" this way, can live on

| even when the applet that created them goes away, and can even be persistent
| between sessions. Widgets can also be reordered by the user, they can be
| collapsed and expanded, and custom actions can be registered for easy
| interaction. Take a look at the following simple screencast to get an idea
| about what all this means.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2008-09-07/

Screenshots:

KDE 4 rev 802150: Work in progress

,----[ Quote ]
| KWin with Wobbly Windows
|
| Kwin features a new visual effect known to most of you from Compiz: the
| Wobbly Windows. Only a few days ago the settings panel for this effect had
| tons of detailed options. Most of these options have been disabled now, the
| only thing that can be configured is the window deformation level while in
| motion. This seems more appropriate for a common user since the number of
| configurable settings was overwhelming before. One minor flaw that I noticed
| in KWin Wobble Windows is that the window shadow is not properly deformed (it
| does not adjust to the current shape of the window).
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-802150-work-in-progress/

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another revision of the development version of KDE 4 environment.
| Lots of you have asked why it took me so long to publish this article. Well,
| I was just waiting for rev 790000, that’s all. I hope that your curiosity
| will be satisfied since there’s been a lot of changes to describe this time.
| I did my best.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-790000-better-stability-and-performance/

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)