Re: [News] [Rival] Another Failure for Microsoft Virtualisation: Castrated Features

> Microsoft cuts Windows virtualization features
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The company is changing three key features of the hypervisor
>| technology to try to stick to its schedule of releasing the
>| technology within 180 days of completing its Windows Server
>| "Longhorn" operating system, due to be finalized before the
>| end of the year.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6182852.html

   Posted on ZDNet News: May 10, 2007 5:46:00 PM
   REDMOND, Wash.-Microsoft said on Thursday that it is pulling features
   out of the initial version of its "Viridian" hypervisor to avoid
   having to delay the virtualization technology.

Gotta get it out there quick, freeze the market, the way we always do.

   Those guys just can't get a product out the door to save their lives.
   Windows development is just broken.
   --Gordon Haff, analyst, Illuminata

And

   VMware, the leading x86 virtualization company, has supported live
   migration since 2003 with its VMotion software.

Microsoft -- Wait for us, we're the leaders!

--
That's the funniest thing I've ever heard and I will _not_ condone it.
		-- DyerMaker, 17 March 2000 MegaPhone radio show