Re: One more update on Windows to Linux migration

____/ Rex Ballard on Saturday 13 September 2008 08:52 : \____

> On Sep 13, 7:18 am, jellybean stonerfish <stonerf...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>> > If I admined 10 times more machines, I would barely be doing any more
>> > work.
>>
>> Gnu/linux is for lazy people......!!!
>
> Yeah, but to alleviate the boredom, Linux administrators often assist
> development teams, or contribute to OSS projects.

...Or administer more machines, in which case they become more valuable and are
paid a lot more.

In Google they assign one engineer per 100 servers, IIRC.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
 09:05:01 up 4 days,  3:00,  1 user,  load average: 1.16, 0.79, 0.72