Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of September, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of September, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 07:40:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 779 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     313 1180010     3%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  101  128404    36%
   3. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     44   56294    69%
   4. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx   37   44254    29%
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    34   13424    63%
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      20   23815    77%
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     20   25437    68%
   8. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      17   25636    71%
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           17   17702    59%
  10. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               15   53746    32%
  11. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        14   19429    61%
  12. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxx   13   61497    19%
  13. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               10   12355    60%
  14. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  9   12636    49%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               9   12398    56%
  16. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                      8    2923    50%
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                      8    9358    61%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            8    9087    36%
  19. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           7    5410    78%
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP    7    6093    81%
  21. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                          6   15950    11%
  22. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                5    4243    39%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               5    6571    83%
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                    5    3779    39%
      ml2mst <marti@xxxxxxxxx>                           5    6544    68%
  26. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4    2430    64%
      Paul Hovnanian P.E. <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>           4    1902    69%
  28. Philip <none@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          3    2331    87%
  29. Jesse Dorland <jessedorland@xxxxxxxxxxx>           2    2531    50%
      Norman Peelman <npeelman@xxxxxxxxxx>               2    4375    85%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] Multi-head Displays with GNU/Linux (Try *Th       42   56076
   2. Windows Vista: The OS About Nothing                      35   35815
   3. Linux, uptime jumps from 5 to 14 days!!                  30   36269
   4. Alex Jones claims Microsoft is a front for IBM           25   36533
   5. Rebooting Windows Constantly                             24   27941
   6. Linux takes 30 minutes to install and everything j       23   23922
   7. First of the Jerry Seinfeld Vista ads.                   20   22624
   8. Wait till you hear this: Guess who is complaining        19   24680
   9. "A truly awful place"                                    18   17696
  10. [News] [Rival] Windows Vista and 2008 Less Secure        17   18964
  11. [News] Prettiness of 'Non-Default' Ubuntu GNU/Linu       13   13369
  12. Cringeley on                                             12   16735
  13. [News] London Stock Exchange Crashes Because of Mi       11   57873
      News] [Rival] In-store Munchkins for Microsoft Win       11   13339
  15. Apples new killer app                                    10    6651
  16. 4 idiots plonked, half the posts killed                   9    7706
      Linux took 7 hours to install, and everything just        9   11018
      [News] [Rival] More Than Two Thirds of XBox360s Fa        9   13284
  19. [News] Hexen and Heretic Become Free Software (GNU        8   15095
      [News] 64-bit Linux Claimed More Sensible for the         8   17900
  21. [News] Mandriva 2009 with KDE 4.1 Looking Good            7   17228
      [News] [Rival] Why Windows Vista Can't Be Sold (Ju        7   71760
  23. Creator of Web spots a flaw in Internet Explorer          6    3603
  24. [News] Routes to Easier Migration to GNU/Linux            5    3973
      This is what my customers want                            5    9312
      X11 multi-head displays - nothing new - Re: Multi-        5   10228
      [News] [Rival]  Microsoft?s Linux-hostile Silverli        5    6986
      What would Jesus install?                                 5    5097
      [News] Yahoo Disses Microsoft with Firefox Recomme        5    6897
  30. How simple are newbies anyway?                            4    6821
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     49
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  44
   3. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        33
   4. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     21
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   15
   6. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    13
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    13
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     12
   9. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                               9
  10. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           8
  11. RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                     7
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              7
  13. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                     6
  14. Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>                          4
      Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               4
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        4
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxx>                 4
  18. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               3
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              3
      Robin T Cox <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   3
      ml2mst <marti@xxxxxxxxx>                                          3
  22. Norman Peelman <npeelman@xxxxxxxxxx>                              2
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           2
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      2
      Paul Hovnanian P.E. <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          2
  27. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  1
      Tony Manco <trmanco-usenet@xxxxxxx>                               1
      bb <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                        1
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    140
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  80
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        73
   4. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     70
   5. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        68
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              68
   7. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          67
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxx>                66
   9. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                62
      RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>                                    62
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          62
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    62
  13. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   61
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              61
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             61
  16. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       60
      bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    60
  18. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    57
  19. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         56
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     56
  21. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           380
   2. slrn                                                            196
   3. G2/1.0                                                           65
   4. Thunderbird                                                      48
   5. Pan                                                              37
   6. Forte Agent                                                      31
   7. MT-NewsWatcher                                                    4
      tin                                                               4
   9. Mozilla                                                           3
  10. Gnus                                                              2
  11. Xnews                                                             1
      MacSOUP                                                           1
      Hogwasher/4.3                                                     1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 07:40:27 up 28 days,  4:53,  5 users,  load average: 0.80, 0.29, 0.20