Re: [News] 64-bit Linux Claimed More Sensible for the Desktop

Subway steel wrote:

< snip >

>> That is because you are using windows64
>
> You actually have absolutely zero idea of what we're using. And it's not
> Win64.

Claim all you want. Win64 is currently the only OS which is *slower in 64bit
mode than in 32bit mode

> Customers who have systems with dozens of processor cores and
> 192-Gigs (or more) of memory aren't the type of customer that runs
> Windows.

Fine

>> Linux 64bit is *faster* than linux 32bit in most cases
>
> We also build for 64-bit Linux and it is definitely NOT faster than our
> same application running on 32-bit Linux.

Why do you think that you are the only guy in town having experience with
it?
Hint: I am a developer. And I know for a fact that 64bit software on the
very same machine type is *faster* than the equivalent 32bit one. Because I
have tested it

>> < snip >
>> --
>> To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
>> To mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.

Note: You are using such ridiculous crappy software, it does not even delete
a quoted sig when answering.

--
Micro$oft. What's broken today?