[News] GNU/Linux Commercials Better Than Microsoft's

IBM Linux ads show up Microsoft’s Seinfeld campaign

,----[ Quote ]
| By way of comparison, have a look at these two older ads from IBM promoting
| Linux. Irrespective of whether you’re a Linux and IBM fan or not, the message
| is clear an unambigious.
|
| In the first one a young boy is being taught things and given information. He
| sits, mostly passively, as people from around the world feed him information.
| He absorbs the information and finally it is revealed … he is Linux. It’s a
| little cheesy but the message is not in doubt.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3025

De-Fanging Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many, I was intrigued and ultimately disappointed by the first of the
| new Microsoft ads. But I assumed that it was in the nature of a teaser – or
| maybe even a clever ploy to lower expectations for later episodes, thus
| increasing their eventual impact.
|
| [...]
|
| As Google celebrates its 10th anniversary , the retrospectives are focusing
| more and more on the threat the company poses.
|
| For a while, most people have vaguely appreciated that Google really knows
| far too much about us, but the fears that engenders are starting to be
| articulated ever more loudly – and shrilly. In other words, Google, rather
| than Microsoft, is becoming the new digital bogeyman.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1254&blogid=14

Recent:

The main problem with Windows Vista