[News] SELinux Repository Finds Home in Tresys

Tresys Hosting and Managing the Upstream SELinux Repository

,----[ Quote ]
| Tresys Technology, a provider of technology and services for customers with
| high security requirements, today announces it has donated hosting for the
| Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) upstream repository. The repository
| provides a central point for the development of SELinux and serves as the
| foundation for the integration of SELinux features into all major Linux
| distributions. It contains the source code and related resources for SELinux.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080911005440&newsLang=en

Recent:

Study Says Linux More Secure

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 70 percent people surveyed said they found Red Hat Linux less
| vulnerable to security issues than Microsoft's operating system.
`----

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Study_Says_Linux_More_Secure/551-88850-580.html

Study: 70 percent say Red Hat more secure than Windows

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080425-study-70-percent-say-red-hat-more-secure-than-windows.html

LinuxWorld preview: IBM engineer touts SELinux

,----[ Quote ]
| As SELinux adoption grows, therefore, the research-and-development challenge
| is to make it more user-friendly. "As we find issues, we'll fix them,"
| Shanker said. "We have to make it easier for the regular person to use. Once
| they learn it, they love it."
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1323731,00.html

SELinux and Fedora