[News] Universities Place Greater Emphasis on SaaS, Free Software

Sub-Saharan universities train in Web 2.0 tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Representatives from 12 universities in eight sub-Saharan countries are
| meeting in Uganda to train in the use of Web 2.0 tools and open-source
| software.
|
| The training in Web 2.0 tools is aimed at enabling the 35 lecturers and
| professors to carry out collaborative research in the field of agriculture,
| while the training in open-source software seeks to popularize the medium
| among higher institutions of learning.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/091008-sub-saharan-universities-train-in-web.html

Recent:

Universities that do not use Free Software: Time for a boycott?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/blogs/paw_prints_writings_of_the_maddog/universities_that_do_not_use_free_software_time_for_a_boycott