[News] Qt Extended and Open-Xchange Server 5 Released

Qt Software Introduces a New Release of Qt Extended, a Software Development
Platform for Consumer Electronics

,----[ Quote ]
| Qt Software today announced that Qtopia, a platform for creating user
| interfaces and applications for advanced consumer electronics based on Linux,
| has been renamed and launched as Qt Extended 4.4.
| Qt enables developers to build innovative services and applications once and
| then extend the innovation across all major desktop, mobile and other
| embedded platforms without rewriting the code. Qt Extended extends the Qt
| application development framework, bringing increased functionality to
| embedded Linux. Qt Extended inherits the Qt WebKit Integration, which helps
| device manufacturers enrich applications with live web content such as online
| maps, music stores and instant messaging.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/qt-software-introduces-new-release/story.aspx?guid=%7B307F7FE9-6843-431A-A7DD-2745392A0F9E%7D&dist=hppr

Latest Open-Xchange Server Edition Simplifies Integration, Easily Customizable

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange Inc., the leading provider of open source groupware for small
| and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), schools and government, today announced
| the availability of Open-Xchange Server Edition, the successor to
| Open-Xchange Server 5.

Interview with Johan Thelin

,----[ Quote ]
| Johan Thelin works as a consultant focusing on embedded systems and software
| development, and will deliver a speech on “Qt for Embedded Linux” at FSCONS.
`----

http://fscons.org/interview-with-johan-thelin/

QT 4.5 to understand GTK themes

,----[ Quote ]
| Making the Linux desktop visually harmonious will become easier when
| Trolltech's QT 4.5 arrives in early 2009, with the announcement that
| QgtkStyle has been added to QT 4.5's development tree.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/QT-4-5-to-understand-GTK-themes--/news/111496

KDE and GNOME to Co-locate Flagship Conferences on Gran Canaria in 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE e.V. and GNOME Foundation today announced that they will hold their
| yearly conferences, Akademy and GUADEC in 2009 in Gran Canaria. The
| conferences will be separate events, but co-located and hosted by the same
| organizers, the Cabildo of Gran Canaria and its Secretary of Tourism,
| Technological Innovation and Foreign Trade.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1215794861/

KDE e.V. and the GNOME Foundation to co-host flagship conferences

,----[ Quote ]
| The boards of KDE e.V. and the GNOME Foundation have issued a call to co-host
| Akademy and GUADEC, the flagship conferences of the KDE and GNOME projects
| respectively, during the Summer of 2009.
`----

http://ev.kde.org/announcements/2008-04-22-akademy-guadec.php

Open-Xchange Announces Community Edition of Groupware for In-House Deployments

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange Inc., the only remaining independent open source alternative to
| Microsoft Exchange, today announced it will release all server components,
| installation and administration tools under the General Public License (GPL).
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10407.html

Open-Xchange aims for U.S. expansion

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange is using Yahoo's acquisition of rival Zimbra last year as an
| invitation to tackle the U.S. market with its open-source server software for
| e-mail, calendars, and other collaboration tools.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9871892-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
http://tinyurl.com/2poscx

Related:

Open-Xchange goes Express, sheds its Suse roots

,----[ Quote ]
| Second, and extremely interesting to me, Express Edition runs on Ubuntu. Why
| does this matter? Well, for one thing it shows Ubuntu's stablity and
| performance. But on an even more interesting note, take a look at
| Open-Xchange's management team, and in particular its CTO, Jürgen Geck. You
| might remember that he was the CTO at Suse....Or check out Open-Xchange's
| co-founder and EVP of engineering, Martin Kauss. Yep, he was a Suse guy
| before, too. The list goes on....
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9744780-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1035_3-0-5

Open-Xchange Launches Collaboration Software Appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open-Xchange Express Edition is delivered as a software appliance based
| on a version of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, although it is designed so
| that the user never needs to interact with the operating system.
`----

http://www.computerwire.com/industries/research/?pid=01F34201%2D66B4%2D46EF%2D9B18%2D5A6A6776008F

Open-Xchange (Partially) Embraces GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| On the GPL side, Open-Xchange's choice of license stands in
| contrast to that of its competitor Zimbra, which offers its
| namesake collaboration suite under a modified Mozilla Public
| License, plus attribution.

Review: Open-Xchange

,----[ Quote ]