Re: [News] World Day Against Software Patents Ends; Oracle a Patent Slammer

On 2008-09-27, Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <slrngdpeos.942.ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > So how come you can't point to a single instance of Microsoft attacking
>> > anyone with a software patent?  (I mean a real, documented, instance.
>> > Not one based on your thoroughly discredited theory that Acacia works
>> > for Microsoft).
>> >

>> Ballmer has threatened Linux users with patents:
>>
>> http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?newsid=7376
>
> That's about as meaningful as a politician promising to cut taxes.  Can
> you point to any instance of them actually following through on the
> talk, and suing anyone?

Not at all necessary... as in the case of lawyers threatening, and then
getting a "settlement".

SuSe rolled over and accepted Ballmer's FUD...

That's all that is required... Ballmer attacks, using "patents"... Linux
distros roll over and accept the Microsoft overlord.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power