Re: Linux and OSS provide quality easy listening

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Thursday 25 September 2008 17:36 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Linux is good for high fidelity easy listening.
>>
>> <brevity snippage>
>>
>> Voila!  Using Totem Movie Player 2.20.20 in Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
>> Gibbon, I had room filling high fidelity volume.  Having played
>> professionally, I could really appreciate the impressive quality
>> sound.  Dell did a good job on this laptop with the sound chip.
>>
>> No gaps, great filling, good taste, less calories ....   :-)
>>
>> Meanwhile listening, also spent at leisure browsing the 'net,
>> downloading, updating software without having to reboot.  (Linux
>> only requires a reboot if OS image is modified.)
>>
>> Thank you again Linux for a job well done.
>
> Cue Hadrone to come in to sneer at your "Linux cheerleading".

He has lots of time to rant now. They won't be banging him 'round that tunnel
until after Xmas.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
Tasks: 184 total,   2 running, 174 sleeping,   0 stopped,   8 zombie