Re: [News] World Day Against Software Patents Ends; Oracle a Patent Slammer

Hadron wrote:
"Phil Da Lick!" <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
,----[ Quote ]
|     Oracle Corporation opposes the patentability of software. The
Company |     believes that existing copyright law and available
trade secret |     protections, as opposed to patent law, are better
suited to protecting |     computer software developments.   | |
[…]
| |     Compared to adequate copyright and trade secret protections,
patent |     protection is excessively broad and enormously
expensive. | |     CHANGING THE PATENT SYSTEM
| |     Oracle has recommended that patent protection not be
provided for |     computer software or computer software
algorithms, for the reasons |     described above.  `----
Oracle have just gone up in my estimation.

You are a fickle little fan boy aren't you?

Of freedom? No. Nothing fickle about it, it's rock solid.