[News] [Rival] Microsoft Headhunters Still Want Google, Yahoo! Blood!

Yahoo: Could Icahn Yet Engineer A Microsoft Deal?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo (YHOO) this week holds its first board meeting with new director Carl
| Icahn at the table. And Carl is not being quiet about what he wants. In an
| appearance on CNBC’s Fast Money on Friday, Icahn repeated his stance that
| eventually the company will need to do a deal with Microsoft (MSFT).
|
| “Yahoo…eventually…in my opinion…they have to do something with Microsoft
| eventually, they have to do it, or Google is going to kill them,” Icahn said.
`----

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2008/09/22/yahoo-could-icahn-yet-engineer-a-microsoft-deal/

AAI White Paper on Proposed Google-Yahoo Alliance Outlines a Possible
Settlement to Deal With Anticompetitive Dangers While Permitting
Procompetitive Benefits

,----[ Quote ]
| The American Antitrust Institute (AAI) today released a white paper on the
| proposed alliance between Google and Yahoo, concluding that the transaction
| should be viewed as presumptively anticompetitive, although it may also
| contain possible pro-competitive benefits.
`----

http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/Archives/GoogleYahooWhitePaper.ashx

The only 'ones' fighting this is [sic] Microsoft, a convicted monopolist that
bribes, commits fraud, extortion, sabotage, and blackmail. All well
documented...

Recent:

Icahn takes his seat at Yahoo table

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo's reconstituted board is expected to meet for the first time tomorrow,
| with activist member Carl Icahn committed to renewing the pressure for a deal
| with Microsoft.
|
| Mr Icahn, the billionaire investor, and two allies were elected after Yahoo's
| annual meeting on August 1 in a deal that ended a proxy fight he had led to
| unseat the board.
`----

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2d6e4456-883f-11dd-b114-0000779fd18c.html?nclick_check=1

The Secret Microsoft Invasion of Yahoo Continues: MSN GM Headed There Soon?

,----[ Quote ]
| Jeff Dossett, a longtime Microsoft exec whose most current job has been as
| executive producer and general manager of MSN, is leaving the company,
| sources said, and is likely to land at Yahoo soon.
|
| A longtime and experienced mountain climber, Dossett (pictured here) has been
| one of the more senior digital execs at Microsoft.
|
| The reason given for Dossett’s departure from Microsoft (MSFT), announced
| internally this afternoon, was to “pursue other opportunities.”
|
| While the hire is not yet complete, that apparently means that he is likely
| going to rival and onetime Microsoft quarry Yahoo as a senior exec.
`----

http://kara.allthingsd.com/20080919/the-secret-microsoft-invasion-of-yahoo-continues-msn-gm-headed-to-yahoo/

Google Blames Microsoft for Yahoo! Deal Controversy

,----[ Quote ]
| Schmidt thinks that rival Microsoft is largely to blame for the amount of
| controversy the deal has attracted. "I am quite sure that Microsoft is
| helping everyone get upset about things," he said.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/09/18/google-blames-microsoft-for-yahoo-deal-controversy

Corn Farmers Against Google?

,----[ Quote ]
| Only if they're planting in AstroTurf
|
| [...]
|
| How do you know the organization, and the op-ed, weren't created by LawMedia
| Group at the behest of some well-funded clients? If they did their jobs
| right, you don't know.
|
| Some of them have left digital fingerprints here and there, though, says
| Declan McCullagh, in a blockbuster of a report exposing the intellectual
| whoredom offered for various important issues. Shortly after Microsoft hired
| LawMedia, for example, legislators, national agencies, and news outlets
| received pointed complaints from coalitions of farmers, rural voters, and
| geeky Latinos about how Google's advertising deal with Yahoo would wreck
| everything.
|
| [...]
|
| Don't call them a PR firm or a lobbying firm though, Law Media – which has a
| ton of lawyers working for them too—is a "public affairs firm" specializing
| in producing "remarkable coalitions" for anything one might need a coalition
| for.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/08/14/corn-farmers-against-google

Google/Yahoo web ad deal on track despite anti-trust scrutiny

,----[ Quote ]
| Google says its web advertising deal with Yahoo is on schedule and will not
| be derailed by US anti-trust scrutiny.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2008/08/29/232070/googleyahoo-web-ad-deal-on-track-despite-anti-trust.htm

Icahn and Microsoft to oust Yahoo board

,----[ Quote ]
| CORPORATE RAIDER Carl Icahn and convicted monopolist Microsoft have asked
| Yahoo shareholders to vote out Yahoo's board and install Icahn's proposed
| slate of replacements.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/07/icahn-microsoft-team-oust-yahoo

Microsoft cops to talking with Icahn on Yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
| Dispensing with its previous above-the-fray posture, Microsoft has
| admitted -conspiring with- talking to activist Yahoo shareholder Carl Icahn,
| who is trying to oust the Internet company's board and Chief Executive Jerry
| Yang for failing to sell out to the software giant.
`----

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/06/microsoft-talki.html

Yahoo: Icahn “Manipulates The Facts”

,----[ Quote ]