[News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Girls School to Attack Rivals (Again)

Microsoft Ratchets Up Virtualization Trash Talk

,----[ Quote ]
| The cards also listed the URL for a new Microsoft Web site called
| www.vmwarecostswaytoomuch.com, which reflects Microsoft's strategy of using
| price to grab market share from its well-entrenched virtualization market
| foe. The garishly colored Web site, which was registered on Aug. 27, is being
| hosted for Microsoft by Seattle-based advertising agency Wexley School For
| Girls.
|
| [...]
|
| "I also recall Microsoft doing something similar to Novell back in the day,
| and Novell coming back with something like stopthefud.com," said Ward. "In
| the end, everybody must look at what is the best solution for their
| particular situation and make an informed choice on a hypervisor based on
| actual research, not FUD [fear, uncertainty, and doubt]."
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/210603144

Days ago:

Microsoft is on the Attack – Slams VMware for Being Too Expensive!

,----[ Quote ]
| In honor on VMware’s once a year virtualization bash Microsoft brought up a
| new web site where they basically slam VMware for being, what they call, too
| expensive, http://www.vmwarecostswaytoomuch.com/
`----

http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=8621

Recent: