[News] Microsoft Doesn't Use Own Products, Uses GNU/Linux

Desktop Virtualization Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| Did you also know that Microsoft doesn't use Exchange for their email system?
|
| Apparently, I'm behind since I'm told that there is terminology for this sort
| of thing: Not eating your own dog food or "dogfooding" and I find it
| absolutely unthinkable. Maybe I'm the one that's naive and I just don't
| understand how technology companies work but I do know one thing: If they
| don't use it, I'm not using it.
|
| Now a twofold call to action:
|
| First, contact your favorite vendors and ask them if they use their own
| technology that they are selling to you. Do Apple employees use iPhones? Do
| Microsoft employees use XP or Vista and what about Outlook and Exchange?

Microsoft uses GNU/Linux and even its adverts are made with Macs.

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
economy."
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Recent:

MS's biggest blunder, uses Linux and Apache and PHP for its infrastructure to
promote Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://openmanifesto.blogspot.com/2008/07/mss-blunder-with-mojave-experiment-uses.html