Re: [comp.os.linux.advocacy] FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Following are excerpts from the official FAQ, entire text is found at:
>>>
>>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
>
> <SNIP>
>
>>> COLA is like a meeting hall for Linux advocacy. A place where those who
>>> advocate the use of Linux can meet and discuss all things Linux.
>>
>> That is a lie. The great majority of Roy's spam discuss Windows and
>> Microsoft and mention nothing about Linux.
>
> ** Most Recent No. 1 ************
>
> From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Subject: [News] Agenda Published for 2008 Linux Kernel Summit
>
> The 2008 kernel summit
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The agenda for the 2008 kernel summit has been posted. The summit is an
> | annual, invitation-only event which is typically attended by 70-80
> | developers. It is a rare opportunity to bring part of the kernel
> | community together for focused discussions on topics which affect the
> | kernel as a whole.
> `----
>
> http://linux-foundation.org/weblogs/lwf/2008/09/12/the-2008-kernel-summit/
>
> ** Next Recent No. 2 ************
>
> From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Subject: [News] Tools for Productivity Advantage in Desktop GNU/Linux
>
> Make Your Linux Desktop More Productive
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There are positively addictive productivity apps available for Linux,
> | along with tools to make switching between Linux and other systems
> | easy, or just running Windows programs themselves if you need to. Today
> | we're detailing a Linux desktop that helps you move quickly, work with
> | Windows, and just get things done; read on for a few suggestions on
> | setting it up.
> `----
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5048628/make-your-linux-desktop-more-productive
>
> ** Next Recent No. 3 ************
>
> From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Subject: News] More Cameras Powered by Linux
>
> IP camera designs run Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | TI is offering Linux camera application source code and free codecs
> | with two new IP camera reference designs based on its RISC/DSP SoCs.
> | The Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) model handles widely variable lighting,
> | while a Video Content Analytics (VCA) model targets video analytics
> | processing applications.
> `----

> ** Next Recent No. 4 ************
>
> From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Subject: [News] Free Software-based OLPC a Win for Consumers
>
> Shoot For the Clouds
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The bigger the better? Not when you're trying to reach the next level
> | of portability

> [...]

Uhm so what? In one post he threatened to cut someones dick off, yet I
dont claim he does that all the time.

You lose again Thumper. Go and clip Roy's toe nails.

--
"Poor fishfarb! Pissed because s/h/it doesn't get all the attention
s/h/it craves due to wise use of filtering."