[News] Blackberry Wears a GNU/Linux Desktop Gown

Pimp your Blackberry with the Ubuntu Theme!

,----[ Quote ]
| Want linux on your blackberry? I wish there was a mod available for that but
| for now everyone can enjoy the crisp smooth Ubuntu Hardy theme on their
| blackberry smartphone!
|
| Check it out!
`----

http://www.ubuntu-unleashed.com/2008/09/ubuntu-theme-on-your-blackberry.html

Related:

GUPP Technologies Announces Agreement with Comintel

,----[ Quote ]
| GUPP Technologies, Inc. today announced a partnership with Malaysian
| manufacturing conglomerate, Comintel Corporation, Bhd., to spearhead the
| production of the world’s first Linux-based dual-mode Wi-Fi-centric smart
| communication device...
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070709005406&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/3xnbot

Open-Source BlackBerry Rival

,----[ Quote ]
| Funambol's open-source software delivers push functions like
| those on RIM BlackBerry devices.
|
| [...]
|
| Funambol Inc. is offering a new version of its open-source software for
| delivering push e-mail, address book and calendar functions similar to
| those available on BlackBerry devices.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,131840-pg,1/article.html

Open Source Making the Grade in Higher Education

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3749716/Open+Source+Making+the+Grade+in+Higher+Education.htm
http://tinyurl.com/59t7jv