Re: [News] OpenOffice.org is Getting Even Faster

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:50:15 -0400, Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:46:54 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Achievements for a better start up performance

>Why waste the time?
>Just ask the freetards in COLA who claim it's faster than MSOfiice.

It is faster on startup than the frequent hangups I constantly experence when
using a windows workstation at work.  Of course that XP machine is only on a
dual core 3ghz machine with 3 gig of ram.  It often has >8 second delays on
items as trivial as rightclicking the desktop to select creation of a new file.
Creating a new message in outlook takes three times longer than opening OO
for the first time.

Once initialy loaded, it is faster than anything I try to perform on a windows
system.