Re: [News] ARM Puts Its Massive Weight behind Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ARM wants the sub $200 netbook market
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The combination of ARM with Linux - see Ubuntu's latest release - is
> | almost an impossible one for Intel to beat, price wise, with the British
> | Chippie flogging its SOCs for between $10-$20 whilst Chipzilla's Atom
> | starts at $35 apiece.
> `----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/916/1051916/arm-sub-usd200-netbook-market

I wonder how long it'll be before multi core versions of atom or arm hit the
consumer netbook market? I would be very interested in such a platform....
not just a dual core knock off, but something really interesting like 32
cores, etc...

                             From the desk of:
                             Jerome D. McBride

   18:25:09 up 15 days,  9:52,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00