[News] YouTube Sidelines Copyrights

YouTube orchestra makes its debut

,----[ Quote ]
| At least 90 musicians from more than 30 different countries have given their
| first performance in the YouTube Symphony Orchestra in New York.
`----

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8001253.stm

UK 'has the worst copyright laws'

,----[ Quote ]
| UK copyright laws "needlessly criminalise" music fans and need to be updated,
| a consumer watchdog says.
|
| UK laws that make it a copyright violation to copy a CD that you own onto a
| computer or iPod should be changed, says Consumer Focus.

“US copyright law is far too strict” – GNU founder

,----[ Quote ]
| American software freedom activist Richard Stallman, better known as the
| author of GNU General Public License, joined RT to give his comments on
| modern software copyright laws, and the risks of cyber sneaking.
`----

http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-04-16/_US_copyright_law_is_far_too_strict____GNU_founder.html

Recent:

YouTube to block UK music videos

,----[ Quote ]
| YouTube is blocking all premium music videos to UK users after failing to
| reach a new licensing agreement with the Performing Right Society (PRS).

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/eu-invests-22-million-in-next-generation-bittorrent-client/