[News] Sub-notebooks Targeted by New Puppy Linux Release (Pupeee)

Pupeee 4.2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Pupeee 4.2 is released. This Eee PC optimized Netbook distro is based on
| Puppy Linux. Puppy Linux (and the Puppeee distro) was written from scratch
| with 2 goals in mind: speed & ease of use.
`----

http://eeepc.itrunsonlinux.com/the-news/296-pupeee-42-released

"There's a lot of Linux out there -- much more than Microsoft
generally signals publicly -- and their customers are using it..."

           --Paul DeGroot, a Directions On Microsoft analyst

Recent:

My Favorite Puppy 4.2 Addition

,----[ Quote ]
| As I looked at the recent release of the 100 MB Puppy Linux I realized Puppy
| 4.2 includes a few feature that are extremely useful for me. Puppy 4.2 comes
| with two window managers, choose either ICEWM or JWM which is appealing to a
| wider variety of Linux users. Users may also find appealing, the additional
| theme options with Clearlooks GTK+2 theme engine, SeaMonkey web browser with
| MonkeyMenu extension, Puppy control panel, Pwidgets desktop applications,
| AlsaPlayer and Pmusic for audio entertainment, Streamtuner internet radio,
| Gxine full-screen video playback, Puppy Web Desktop, extra shutdown options,
| a new game lineup and more. These are all great changes in my book but one of
| them brought me some great productive features.
`----

http://beginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/my-favorite-puppy-42-addition/

Puppy 4.2 ScreenShots

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first time I ever used Puppy Linux and the interface is really
| impressive. The install was not as simple as I expected it to be. ( But then
| again, the Ubuntu based Distro's have spoiled me, what can i say??? :) ).
| Also this is the first time I used JWM ( Joe Window manager ). What really
| grasped me about Puppy Linux was how fast the applications launched. Also
| Puppy Linux reminded me of Slax on how fast the applications loaded, which is
| a good thing.
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/puppy-42-screenshots.html

Fun with Puppy puplets

,----[ Quote ]
| Puppy Linux 4.1.2 is an amazing little distro -- under 100 MB, and yet packed
| with applications. In this day of portable applications that can be run from
| USB flash drives, Puppy may be the ultimate portable app. The standard
| version comes with AbiWord and Gnumeric for office needs, the SeaMonkey web
| browser and html editor, Fotoxx image viewer, gXine for movies, Gtkam digital
| camera interface, Xsane scanner interface, ePDFview for PDFs, torrent, Geany
| and Leafpad for editing text... and the list goes on. Everything is included
| to give the user a complete operating system.
|
| [...]
|
| Because Puppy Linux is so flexible, new users are often not fully aware of
| its potential. Now, with the proliferation of puplets, with their variety of
| window managers and program selections, the possibilities for Puppy are more
| apparent.
|
| Puppy is fast and stable, with useful programs. It works well on the newest
| and the oldest computers. It offers unique backup features with a simple copy
| of pup_save. It encourages users to customize it, and to learn about Linux in
| a fun way. Add to this the ability to remaster the ISO using an easy script,
| essentially merging the pup_save file with the original Puppy distribution
| files. One can do a personal remaster, with all one's settings, or remaster
| for general distribution to others. No other Linux distro does things like
| this.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT6545828265.html

compiz fusion on puppy linux 3.00

,----[ Quote ]
| compiz fusion on puppy linux 3.00 www.puppylinux.com the music is from
| www.ultimateshowdown.org also the panel is provided by xfce 4.4
`----

http://linuxfilesystem.com/uncategorized/compiz-fusion-on-puppy-linux-300-2

Puppy Linux On Windows Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Puppy Linux is an interesting Linux distribution which offers multiple
| features, despite of its low file size (around 99 MB). An average computer
| user will find enough flexibility and an increased speed during the execution
| of common tasks like web browsing, text processing, image editing and more.
|
| Puppy Linux integrates many simple to use applications useful for office
| related tasks, multimedia playback, gaming and networking. It has many
| installation options too.
`----

http://www.downloadtube.com/blog/2009/01/07/puppy-linux-on-windows-desktop/

PortableApps in Puppy Linux