[News] Google's Linux Comes to Set-top Boxes

Android set-top box in the works

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's Android operating system is about to start showing up in a whole
| slew of consumer electronic devices other than cell phones, according to
| recent reports.
|
| The Web site Android Guys reported late last week that Motorola is building a
| TV set-top box for Japanese telephone and broadband service provider KDDI.
| The new device is expected to be ready in time for the Japan's largest
| electronics show, CEATEC, which will be held in October.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/communications/0,39044192,62053130,00.htm?scid=rss_z_nw

Recent:

Assessing Android

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite being pressed by me, he wouldn't get into specifics (now, there's a
| surprise) about sales, saying only that they had exceeded expectations. But
| he did reveal that according to their market research, G1s were selling at
| 70-80% the rate of iPhones. Even allowing for margins of error and any
| tendency to talk up such numbers, this suggests a healthy uptake.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1974&blogid=14

Android and the Big Bang at the Edge of the Web

,----[ Quote ]
| Android is coming. And with it comes the real big bang- the next generation
| WebKit document/application model.
`----

http://openstack.blogspot.com/2009/03/android-and-big-bang-at-edge-of-web.html

Google to market Android netbooks, mobile TV?

,----[ Quote ]
| Rumors have been flying recently that Google is working on a netbook
| implementation of the Linux/Java Android mobile stack, and that it is
| collaborating with Asus to develop an Android-based prototype. Asus has been
| focusing mostly on Windows XP installs for its most recent Intel Atom-based
| Eee PC netbooks. However, its early models helped Linux capture around a
| quarter of the hot netbook market.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS9320409991.html?kc=rss

Android phone to hit Europe in spring