[News] Major Improvements PulseAudio and Other Developments in Linux

PulseAudio 0.9.15 Brings Major Improvements

,----[ Quote ]
| With the release of PulseAudio 0.9.15 also comes an update to the PulseAudio
| Volume Control program. The PulseAudio Volume Control 0.9.8 update brings
| support for configuring sound card profiles and various other updates.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzIwMg

Panelists ponder the kernel at Linux Collaboration Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Linux Collaboration Summit, several key Linux developers discussed
| kernel development during a discussion panel.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/04/linux-collaboration-summit-the-kernel-panel.ars

Recent:

Adjust Volume of Individual Applications with PulseAudio

,----[ Quote ]
| PulseAudio is the new sound server that’s being included in Ubuntu 8.04 and
| other recent Linux distros. A sound server lets changes be made to sound
| between the applications and sound hardware layers. Among other features,
| PulseAudio provides per-application volume controls, a plugin architecture,
| low-latency, networking features, and good application compatibility.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/04/10/adjust-volume-of-individual-applications-with-pulseaudio/

Related:

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]