[News] Firefox is All About Developers, Developers, Developers (Extensions)

Lifehacker's Favorite Firefox Extensions--Plus a Few of Our Own

,----[ Quote ]
| As most people who use Firefox know, its hugest advantage over other browsers
| is the powerful galaxy of extensions available for it. Lifehacker's top 10
| list includes a few extensions that I don't use but will have to try out. In
| particular, I like the idea of AutoCopy, which lets you copy text online by
| simply selecting it, and fixes long and unweildy URLs. For anyone who writes
| online, it sounds like a time-saver.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/lifehackers-favorite-firefox-extensions-plus-a-few-of-our-own

Firefox Extensions Guide: Extend Your Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are using Firefox and haven't yet gotten down to trying any add-ons,
| then hopefully this guide will help get acquainted. Sure it may seem daunting
| at first for the neophyte - but with a little bit of practice, you'll soon be
| zipping along like a pro and enjoying the experience to boot. For those of
| who haven't yet tried Firefox, this guide will surely help you open your
| horizon on what the competition offers.
`----

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=11&id=2847

Top 10 Must-Have Firefox Extensions, 2009 Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| Our new list keeps some, tosses others, and remains our go-to, Grandmaster
| list of the best Firefox add-ons.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5205629/top-10-must+have-firefox-extensions-2009-edition

15 Firefox add-ons for Web developers

,----[ Quote ]
| They've made my work a lot easier, and they all can be downloaded in just a
| few seconds.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10217887-2.html

Recent:

Happy Birthday, Mozilla

,----[ Quote ]
| On this day, eleven years ago, 31st March 1998, the Mozilla codebase was
| unleashed on the world with the simple command "Come and get it". And, since
| then, people have - at least 865 million times.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/2009/03/happy_birthday_mozilla.html

Internet Explorer 8 launch fails to dent Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| The release of Internet Explorer 8 hasn't had any significant impact on
| Firefox or any other competing browser, data collected by StatsCounter shows.
| While the final release of IE8 increased its market share slightly on launch
| day to 1.39 percent, Firefox 3.0 grew more quickly and reached 25.38 percent.
| The most significant losses were for Internet Explorer 7: the outgoing
| browser lost 0.4 percent of the total share.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/03/20/ie8.launch.stats/

Firefox inches towards 50%, Safari holds steady

,----[ Quote ]
| These are the kind of stats that should make the Mozilla folks very happy.
| According to W3Schools data, Firefox climbed to 46.4% in February, while the
| various versions of IE dropped by 1.2% to 43.6%. Granted, this is skewed
| towards developers, but most sources agree that IE is on a downward slope.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/community/?p=218

Related:

Ten years of Mozilla

,----[ Quote ]
| Ten years ago, Netscape announced it would release to the public the code of
| its flag ship product, Netscape Communicator 5, making it an open source
| product. The action came at a time when Netscape was still the dominant web
| browser: 65 million users and 90% market share in the educational segment
| according to Netscape’s own accounts. But Microsoft’s Internet Explorer was
| grabbing share at a furious pace thanks to it being free (at a time Netscape
| was about$30) and specially the fact that it came bundled with Windows 95 and
| upcoming Windows 98 (released on June 1998).
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/01/ten-years-of-mozilla/

Gates deposition videos

,----[ Quote ]
| Boies: Do you remember that in January, 1996, a lot of OEMs were
| bundling non-Microsoft browsers?
|
| Gates: I'm not sure.
|
| Boies: What were the non-Microsoft browsers that you were
| concerned about in January of 1996?
|
| Gates: What's the question? You're trying to get me to recall
| what other browsers I was thinking about when I wrote that sentence?
|
| Boies: No, because you've told me that you don't know what you
| were thinking about when you wrote that sentence.
|
| Gates: Right.
|
| Boies: What I'm trying to do is get you to tell me what
| non-Microsoft browsers you were concerned about in January of
| 1996. If it had been only one, I probably would have used the
| name of it. Instead I seem to be using the term non-Microsoft
| browsers. My question is what non-Microsoft browsers were you
| concerned about in January of 1996?
|
| Gates: I'm sure -- what's the question? Is it -- are you asking
| me about when I wrote this e-mail or what are you asking me about?
|
| Boies: I'm asking you about January of 1996.
|
| Gates: That month?
|
| Boies: Yes, sir.
|
| Gates: And what about it?
|
| Boies: What non-Microsoft browsers were you concerned about in
| January of 1996?
|
| Gates: I don't know what you mean "concerned."
|
| Boies: What is it about the word "concerned" that you don't
| understand?
|
| Gates: I'm not sure what you mean by it.
`----

http://wincent.com/a/about/wincent/weblog/archives/2007/02/gates_depositio.php

Gates Deposition Audio and Video

,----[ Quote ]