[News] List of Fedora 11 Goodies

Whats New in Fedora 11

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 11 has been released for the Beta testers on 31st March 2009 a week
| later than the scheduled date. This is the first and only Beta version of the
| Fedora 11 project codenamed “Leonidas“.
|
| Fedora 11 final release, which is scheduled on 26th May, will include several
| new features and noteworthy improvements, such as RPM 4.7, which will reduce
| the memory consumption of complex package activity, tighter integration of
| PackageKit, faster boot time with a target goal of 20 seconds, and reduced
| power consumption thanks to a major tuning effort.
`----

http://www.linuxadda.com/2009/04/whats-new-in-fedora-11.html

Recent:

First look: Fedora 11 beta shows promise

,----[ Quote ]
| All things considered, Fedora 11 progress looks good and the release is
| shaping up nicely. The developers are already looking to the future and have
| begun the process of drafting a schedule for Fedora 12, which could
| potentially arrive in October.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/04/first-look-fedora-11-beta-shows-promise.ars

Video: Spotlight on My Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| John “J5" Palmieri explains how the Fedora community–codename MyFedora–is
| bringing Fedora users together by integrating self-contained applications
| into a single framework application. This interface enables Fedora users to
| see and keep track of what applications other community members are working
| with.
`----

http://magazine.redhat.com/2009/04/03/video-spotlight-on-my-fedora/

Fedora 11 boasts 20-second startup

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project has released a beta version of its community-sponsored,
| Red Hat-based Linux distribution, with the final due in May. The Fedora 11
| beta release offers faster, 20-second bootups, improved package management,
| new virtualization features, and support for cross-compiling Windows
| applications, says the open-source project.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS8148594076.html?kc=rss

Fedora 11 beta posted with new security, developer features

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora project developers also have added security for virtualized containers
| running on the OS by extending Fedora's security model, SELinux, Frields
| said. A new extension called Svirt provides access control for virtual
| guests, locking what processes the guests have access to, he said.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/033109-fedora-11-beta-posted-with.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Fedora 11 Beta Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Leaving technicalities aside, you should find out that Fedora 11 Beta has a
| brand new wallpaper featuring the famous Greek Acropolis, to be in tone with
| Fedora 11's codename, Leonidas. Moreover, a Clearlooks-based theme is in
| testings (see the first screenshot below). Without futher ado, we will let
| you enjoy the screenshot tour of Fedora 11 Beta.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fedora-11-Beta-Screenshot-Tour-108264.shtml

Testing the Fedora 11 Installation Guide

,----[ Quote ]
| Every release, the dedicated volunteers in the Documentation team produce the
| Fedora Installation Guide, an exhaustive and detailed guide to installing
| Fedora. For Fedora 11, they have asked us in the QA team to
| co-ordinate ‘testing’ of the Installation Guide. By doing installations
| following the instructions in the Installation Guide, we can find issues in
| both the Guide and the installation process itself, and thus improve both.
`----

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/03/31/testing-the-fedora-11-installation-guide/

Fedora 11 coming closer

http://linuxsysconfig.com/2009/03/fedora-11-coming-closer/