A VistaBeta7 review, not 2 days old, and the reviewer HATES it !!!

  • Subject: A VistaBeta7 review, not 2 days old, and the reviewer HATES it !!!
  • From: Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:51:20 +1000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Thanks to Roy S for this link in one of his excellent [News] articles.

http://izanbardprince.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/windows-7-less-stable-slower-could-have-been-called-vista-se/

Some highlights:

"What struck me is how people are saying it boots faster than Vista, but
Vista was already like lugging around a dead elephant. It may have shaved a
few seconds off that, but in my testing it has still been twice as slow
from power on to login screen as compared to Jaunty. To my knowledge, there
is nothing like boot chart for Windows, but my Ubuntu Jaunty clocked in at
24 seconds. I pulled out my cell phone and stop watched Windows 7 coming in
at just over 49 seconds. (1 minute 9 seconds after coming up from a BSOD)"

"
Microsoft can polish and sugar coat the Internet Explorer 8 turd with all
the cowbell they want, the fact is that it is simply pathetic. They also
excluded SVG image support (Mozilla supported since 2003) and support for
HTML 5 multimedia tags (Firefox 3.5 and Opera 10 will both support this) to
lure people towards their proprietary Silverlight pile of Flash wanna-be
crap plugin.

Oh yeah, there?s still no decent adblock for IE unless you want to use the
Hosts file and slow down all your DNS lookups, but apparently the Microsoft
Masturbating Monkeys MVPs still prefer this approach."

"Final Verdict:

Skip it, it can?t do anything Vista can?t, and it?s even shittier than Vista
if you can believe it.

At this point they could call it Vista Second Edition and I?d believe them.

If there?s anything good to be said for Windows anyway it?s that most of the
good software out there is open source and has been ported to it, but that
still doesn?t excuse it from costing $400 (this is the so-called Ultimate
Edition), for being so slow on even reasonable hardware, or from having
over 300,000 viruses, trojans, and assorted spyware.

FIVE MINUTES AFTER PUBLISHING THIS:

Another Blue Screen of Death
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1123/bsod2.png
"
indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008