[News] [Rival] Microsoft -- Approaching Debt -- Can't Deliver Security Product

Microsoft Delays Sterling Security Suite

http://news.digitaltrends.com/news-article/19661/microsoft-delays-sterling-security-suite

Microsoft delays Stirling

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2239861/microsoft-delays-stirling

Microsoft Delays 'Stirling' Security Suite

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Microsoft-Delays-Stirling-Security-Suite-738300/

Microsoft Delays Stirling Security Suite

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/06/1339244

Related:

More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing

,----[ Quote ]
| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
| operating system is set to be rewritten..."

Microsoft cuts Windows virtualization features

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6182852.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "In the long years since XP was launched, Apple have come out with five
| major upgrades to OS X, upgrades which (dare I say it?) install with about
| as much effort as it takes to brush your teeth in the morning. No nightmare
| calls to tech-support, no sudden hardware incompatibilities, no hassle. Why
| hasn't Microsoft kept up? Unmaintainable"
|
| "Right now, Microsoft has nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. After all
| the hype surrounding Vista, the Emperor has finally been revealed in all
| his naked glory. Some folks have been predicting the demise of Microsoft. I
| wouldn't go that far, but I am wondering how we?re ever going to take
| Microsoft seriously again?"
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/04/29/vista_end_dream/

Windows Fiji: Now second half of 2008?

,----[ Quote ]
| Because Microsoft won’t comment officially on “Fiji,” the expected,
| standalone update to Windows Media Center, it’s tough to confirm a date slip.
|
| But Chris Lanier, a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in
| the digital media arena, is predicting that Fiji won’t debut in 2007,
| as Microsoft and other interested parties had been predicting.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=520

A history of Microsoft Windows - the inside story exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| 2004: (...)
| THE MANAGEMENT: "What do you mean it still doesn't work? Try
| harder!"
|
| 2005: (...)
| "MAKE IT WORK! FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAKE IT WORK! Well, throw it away
| and use the server version then, that seems all right. Look, they
| won't know the difference, drop the database stuff, nobody remembers
| what we said in 1995 now! That was ten years ago! "Apple has what?
| 3D acceleration? So, we have DirectX. What, in the desktop? Really?
| What, even Stallman's beardie-weirdies have it? Oh hell. Right, you
| lot, make it look like this!"
|
| 2006: Windows Vista
| THE MANAGEMENT: "Look, if we trickle it out to those mugs, I mean,
| valued customers who've already paid, we can say we released it this
| year and it'll buy us some more time..."
|
| 2007: No, really Windows Vista, honest
| MARKETING DEPT: "Never mind the features, look at it! Isn't it shiny?
| Yes! Pretty!"

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
Developers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/