[News] Microsoft Boosters Breaking the Law in Twitter

A strange one on Twitter - Or is it?

,----[ Quote ]
| For your enjoyment, heres a selection of their “gems of wisdom” from Twitter:
|
| “Stock Tips of the day. MSFT is releasing a new Xbox, Windows 7, cloud
| computing. Buy in now before the stock goes up! Way up!”
|
| “Microsoft Stores to Include Games, Xbox Goodies, and Software! Investors
| love this! A hot BUY op!”
|
| “Show your support for #Microsoft by buying MSFT stocks.”
|
| “Secret tech stock that you must own right now. MSFT (#Microsoft)”
|
| “I’m buying MSFT stocks right now. My analysts forecast it at $24.”
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/a-strange-one-on-twitter-or-is-it/

Optionetics - A mystery solved.

,----[ Quote ]
| Now it appears we have an answer, as this comment was left by the real
| company Optionetics:
|
| Hi all,
|
| Thanks for posting this to the blog. I’m actually with Optionetics, which has
| done investor education for 15 years.
|
| We NEVER do stock tips and investment advice like @optionetics has done.
| That’s illegal. We only provide education and tools to teach people how to
| increase trading profit and protect downside risk.
|
| We’re currently talking with Twitter so we can take back our company name
| from this impersonator. Thanks for asking the important questions!
|
| We’re just diving into Twitter now as a company. You can follow me at
| @AKatOptionetics, or http://twitter.com/AKatOptionetics
|
| Aaron
|
| So it appears our Microsoft promoter Optionetics is not all they seem.  I
| hope this matter gets resolved.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/optionetics-a-mystery-solved/

Related: