[News] Many Audio Applications Run on GNU/Linux (Overview)

10 Music making Apps for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Ardouris “the new digital audio workstation”. It aims to be a professional
| DAW, and offers features like “multichannel recording, non-destructive
| editing with unlimited undo/redo, full automation support, a powerful mixer,
| unlimited tracks/busses/plugins, timecode synchronization, and hardware
| control from surfaces like the Mackie Control Universal.”
`----

http://linux-masters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50

LMMS (Linux Multimedia Studio) - a FL Studio like FOSS program

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s been a long time since I have written a post. Past several weeks has
| been busy, writing course works, as I’m a chemical engineering undergraduate
| too. To break off the frost, we’ll start from some MUSIC! What I have here
| today is a fruity – loops ( the commercial music editor for song tracks) like
| song/melody editor for Linux, with the full swing! Can you believe it? This
| is the best use of Qt 4 (GUI library) I have yet seen, and the core is
| written in C++ makes it heavily powerful and versatile over the other Java
| opponents. Creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds
| are some of the best wanted features of this program.
`----

http://lmpeiris.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/lmms-linux-multimedia-studio-a-fl-studio-like-foss-program/

Recent:

Linux Recording With the MobilePre

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is well-suited to be a powerhouse audio engineering platform. It offers
| advanced, reliable memory management, task scheduling, stability, and its
| endless hackability makes it customizable for all occasions. It's certainly a
| superior platform to Windows: while there is a much larger selection of
| software and hardware available for Windows, it's not exactly a feast of
| riches, but more like a feast of meh. For audio hardware that requires
| drivers, they are often not very good quality and do not get updated like
| they should. Vendors are still slow to release Vista drivers, and Vista is
| such a system resource hog it's impractical to use for audio recording and
| editing. There is still Windows XP, and while it is frugal of system
| resources, the downfalls of using Windows are well-known.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6642/1/

The November Cornucopia: One Month In Linux Audio

,----[ Quote ]
| This week I'm your straight reporter bringing you news of
| of updates, upgrades, and new releases in the world of
| Linux audio software. Development in this world is
| continuously productive, so I'll present only a selection
| of the Linux sound and music applications and utilities
| announced in the month of November in the year 2008.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/november-cornucopia-one-month-linux-audio

Audio/Visual Synthesis: The New Arts, Part 2

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-new-arts-part-2

Audio/Visual Synthesis For Linux: The New Art, Part 1

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/audiovisual-synthesis-linux-new-art-part-1

Five of the Best Linux Audio Players

http://fourforces.blogspot.com/2008/05/five-of-best-linux-music-players.html