[News] Business Intelligence Meets Between the Internet and Open Source

Cloud Based and Open Source - Can Business Intelligence Get Any Cheaper Than
This?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, yes, as I've lately discovered, there are open source, cloud based
| business intelligence solutions. With no more license fees to worry about,
| you can bring down capital expenditures. And with all the cost-saving
| benefits mentioned earlier, it would be very difficult to say no to such a
| solution. Not everyone needs this, but those who do should very well start
| studying their options. This is definitely one advantage you wouldn't want
| your competition have a head start on.
`----

http://steamingopencup.blogspot.com/2009/04/cloud-based-and-open-source-can.html

Recent:

Pentaho and Jaspersoft Make the Case for Open Source BI

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source software business intelligence (OSS BI) community was greeted
| recently with significant releases from two of the highest-profile players --
| Pentaho Corp. (which markets a full-fledged OSS BI platform) and Jaspersoft
| Corp. (the proprietor of a commercialized version of the seminal
| JasperReports OSS reporting project).
`----

http://esj.com/articles/2009/04/08/pentaho-jaspersoft.aspx

Jaspersoft's open source BI software updated

,----[ Quote ]
| Jaspersoft have updated their open source Business Intelligence (BI) Suite
| with Jaspersoft v3.5. The new version has two major new features, in-memory
| analysis and multi-tenant operations. In-memory analysis allows the client to
| perform data analysis on their local system, rather than sending queries to
| an OLAP server or data warehouse, so businesses which do not have the
| resources or capabilities to set up an OLAP server or data warehouse can now
| still perform analysis.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Jaspersoft-s-open-source-BI-software-updated--/news/112979

A Last Look at Open Source BI

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source BI and I have come to a parting of ways. OS-BI capabilities,
| reliability, and support have matured. Commercial OS-BI vendors now compete
| with BI market leaders.
`----

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/blog/archives/2009/03/a_last_look_at.html

Open Source Business Intelligence Gets 'Cloudy'

,----[ Quote ]
| New releases from JasperSoft and Pentaho underscore the growing importance of
| Software as a Service for data analytics.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3813671/Open+Source+Business+Intelligence+Gets+Cloudy.htm

Business Intelligence: Who’s Benefitting From the Boom?

,----[ Quote ]
| Still, open source options from Jaspersoft and Pentaho continue to gain
| momentum.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/03/05/business-intelligence-whos-benefitting-from-the-boom/

What Business Intelligence Options Exist in Tough Economic Times?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/9727

Open Source Business Intelligence

,----[ Quote ]
| Like most of you, I have invested some of my savings in several investment
| products managed by a particular asset management company. They regularly
| send me a ton of promotional materials on their various schemes and new
| products from time to time. More than 90% of what they send me is of no
| interest to me. In other words, a bulk of the money these companies spend on
| their marketing campaigns simply goes down the drain. However, it does not
| have to be this way.
|
| Companies such as these already have in their possession all the relevant
| data needed to create a unique ‘buyer profile’ answering questions such
| as ‘what is my risk appetite’, ‘what kinds of investment products do I prefer
| buying’, ‘what my annual expenditure is’, ‘what months of the year am I most
| likely to have surplus funds to invest’ and so on. All of this should allow
| them to send focused information to all of their customers/prospects and cut
| down on a considerable amount of wasteful expenditure.
`----

http://www.expresscomputeronline.com/20090223/technology02.shtml

Leading Global Nutrition Company Deploys Pentaho Business Intelligence on the
Amazon Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29117072/