Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Breaks the Law with Price-fixing, Gets Fined

Doctor Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 01:08:05 GMT, 7 wrote:
>> Errr...  Micoshaft should have sold Open Office. Its free and
>> shareholders would not have been fined 9 million Euros.
>
> Openoffice can't even be given away for free.

Not true! From the number of downloads, I would say that, at least, many
people have interest in it. From the number of user I know, I would say
some people prefer it to MS Office.

> What makes you think people will pay money for it?

Experience! I have been paid by several companies to install OpenOffice.
Most of my clients desktops now have OpenOffice installed.

Regards.