[News] More Signs That Free Software Internet Builds the Internet

click2try(TM) Adds Popular Open Source Collaboration Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| click2try today announced the availability of three new Open Source
| applications in its catalog, including OWL Intranet Knowledgebase,
| KnowledgeTree Document Management Software (Community Edition), and
| eGroupware. The addition of these popular Open Source applications expands
| the collaboration, document, and file sharing capabilities available to
| click2try users. This increases the number of Open Source applications to
| more than 40, that users can try and use on-demand from the click2try.com
| site. click2try (http://www.click2try.com), a Community site that features a
| catalog of virtualized Open Source software, has also announced the addition
| of major upgrades of Eclipse, OrangeHRM, and TikiWiki to replace older
| versions already in the catalog.
`----

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/click2trytm-adds-popular-open-source-collaboration-tools-18334

New Bundling Scheme For MySource Matrix v3.20 Open Source CMS

,----[ Quote ]
| The new-look bundling of software components significantly reduces the
| complexity of evaluating and acquiring an enterprise web CMS application by
| making all key MySource Matrix CMS elements available out of the box (and
| free of charge) under its primary GPL open source license.
`----

http://www.newdesignworld.com/press/story/11461

Recent:

State of the Project Report: Joomla! Web CMS

,----[ Quote ]
| The original intent was to use the GNU Public License (GPL) for Joomla!
| However, there was an entire ecosystem of proprietary extensions around the
| open source CMS, with many people making their entire living from these
| extensions.
|
| In 2005, the core team had a member of the OSM board write up a rider,
| granting an exception for these extension developers to use any license they
| wanted.
|
| This rider was added in May 2006, but that wasn't the end of the issue. Over
| the next year, the core team began to worry that exceptions were not in fact
| legal within some interpretations of the GPL and may put the project in
| jeopardy. On June 14, 2007, the official announcement "Open Source Does
| Matter" appeared, re-committing Joomla! to full GPL compliance and promising
| that the road would not be littered with lawsuits or snap decisions.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-cms/state-of-the-project-report-joomla-web-cms-004182.php

Web content management vendors turn to open source search

,----[ Quote ]
| Web content management (WCM) vendors are increasingly bundling open source
| site search functionality into their products, rather than recommending
| third-party alternatives, according to the Web CMS Report 2009 from CMS
| Watch.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2239172/wcm-vendors-turn-open-source

Open source Campsite 3.2 helps newspapers move online

,----[ Quote ]
| With all the talk about newspapers worldwide facing financial pressures, the
| time now is right for tools that can be used to move newspaper content
| online. One such tool is Campsite, a open source content management system
| for print publications which this week announced a major new release.
|
| Developed by the Media Development Loan Fund non-profit foundation, Campsite
| 3.2 is one of a range of media organisation tools produced by the foundation
| to assist media organisations. The tools include Dream to manage
| distribution, Campcaster for radio broadcasters and Cream for media customer
| relations management.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=4369

Make Zimplit CMS Absolutely Yours, Logo Included

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever thought of building your very own CMS from scratch? Consider taking
| Zimplit CMS and putting your logo on it, or naming it after your favorite
| goldfish.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/micro-cms/make-zimplit-cms-absolutely-yours-logo-included-004109.php

Assessing Open Source Web Content Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past 12 years, I’ve seen numerous open source platforms emerge in
| the web content management (WCM) arena. Today, you can find more than 70 open
| source WCM packages, although I’d argue that 10 of them have pushed ahead to
| become true global leaders.
`----

http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/Editorial/Feature/Assessing-Open-Source-Web-Content-Management-52844.htm

Open source Magnolia CMS gets new template kit

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Open-source-Magnolia-CMS-gets-new-template-kit--/news/112817

Assessing Open-Source Web-Content Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Joomla! enthusiasts counter that many of these shortcomings can be addressed
| with third-party modules.
`----

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Assessing-Open-Source-WCM/story.xhtml?story_id=022001ALFDFI

Stauffer Consulting Services Announces Partnership with Acquia Set to Improve
ROI When Implementing Feature Rich Social Publishing Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Stauffer Consulting Services, a software consulting firm specializing in
| custom software development and open source package implementations, has
| entered into a partnership with Acquia to improve web and mobile application
| projects already underway using the open source Drupal social publishing
| system.
`----

http://www.prweb.com/releases/stauffer/drupal/prweb2226554.htm

Open source identity: Spine CMS creator Hendrik Van Belleghem

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking for a Web-based content management system that uses Perl instead of
| PHP? Want to server dynamic and static content with PostrgeSQL, not MySQL?
| What started out as a hobby project by Hendrik Van Belleghem, based in Bazel,
| Belgium, has grown into Spine – a Perl Web content system for Apache on Unix
| systems. With so many LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) content systems
| available, Spine offers a refreshing alternative with the tried and tested
| Perl language and is database independent. Open Source Identity interviews
| Van Belleghem about Spine, a lesser-known alternative to the popular Web
| CMSs.
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/278847/open_source_identity_spine_cms_creator_hendrik_van_belleghem
http://tinyurl.com/dxkb9d

Open-source Drupal turns pro

,----[ Quote ]
| The standard Drupal core already has decent management, but several Acquia
| network modules, installed during setup, take administration a few steps
| further. These enable your Acquia Drupal installation to communicate securely
| with the Acquia Network and exchange configuration, operation, and profile
| information.
|
| A big part of what you're paying for with Acquia Drupal is support; the
| portal offers a simple way to log support incidents and track your tickets.
| During my testing, Acquia did meet the specified response deadline — and
| resolved my questions satisfactorily.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0AA6687FABA84484CC2574E7007C3ECA

SourceForge using Drupal