[News] Development News from K Desktop Environment and GNOME

Some not so wobbly news from wobblyland

,----[ Quote ]
| There has been some work going on to improve the tabbox (alt+tab) when no
| effect is used. Andreas Pakulat added an outline for the currently selected
| window like it was in KDE 3 time. Very nice and usefuel - thanks a lot. The
| tabbox has received some face lifting and uses the Plasma style. On that part
| I want to thank Nuno for his great help on making the whole thing nice.
| Adding some pixels here and there - I could not have done it.
`----

http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/?p=237

What would you say about the State of GNOME?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, here's what I think I will say about the State of GNOME talk the
| Collaboration Summit this week. Feel free to add points in the comments or
| point me to more info. (If you are going to be at the Collaboration Summit
| and would like to help give this presentation as a member of GNOME or help
| with QA, let me know!)
`----

http://www.stormyscorner.com/2009/04/im-giving-a-state-of-gnome-talk-next-week-at-the-linux-foundation-collaboration-summit-against-my-dads-good-advice-im-going.html
http://tinyurl.com/deu6wa

Recent:

KDE 4.2 brings the MySQL server to the desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re using Fedora 10, and are a KDE desktop user, you’ll notice that
| your latest KDE 4.2 update, requires having a local MySQL server installed.
| This is due to Akonadi, part of the KDE PIM packages, that now rely on MySQL
| as a default server, for storing PIM data. Just a few months ago, I mentioned
| the news that Amarok 2 will also use MySQL as a default database.
`----

http://www.bytebot.net/blog/archives/2009/02/19/kde-42-brings-the-mysql-server-to-the-desktop

Related:

Shuttleworth has some nice words for KDE

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19456/1148/