[News] A Look at the New Release of Parted Magic (GNU/Linux Distribution)

Parted Magic 4.0 Has Exciting New Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Patrick Verner announced today the immediate availability of Parted Magic
| 4.0, a Slackware-based
| Linux distribution designed to help users with hard disk partitioning and
| recovery tasks.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Parted-Magic-4-0-Has-Exciting-New-Features-108636.shtml

Recent:

Parted Magic 3.7

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet another Slackware-based Linux distro! Parted Magic, aka “The Linux CD
| Partitioning Tool”, is a Live OS packed with recovery tools that you can use
| to troubleshoot your system.
|
| [...]
|
| Parted Magic is a lightweight OS that can run as a Live CD/USB. It includes
| many recovery utilities that can help repairing damaged systems. Additional
| software tools are available as downloadable modules. It would have been nice
| to have some of these modules (e.g. ClamAV, F-PROT) inside the OS, but
| hopefully these features will be added soon.
`----

http://linuxsysconfig.com/2009/02/parted-magic-37/

Parted Magic 3.7 Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| Just ten days after the Valentine's Day release, Patrick Verner announced
| today the immediate availability of his Parted Magic 3.7 Linux distribution.
| This new version fixes several bugs, adds some new features and updates a few
| software packages.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Parted-Magic-3-7-Is-Here-105351.shtml

Review: Parted Magic 3.3

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the things I've found that new users tend to have trouble with is disk
| partitioning.  Even some professional computer repairman have issues with it.
| That's why I was glad the day I stumbled onto Gparted, a free open source
| disk partition editing program that allows you to make changes to the
| partitions on your hard drive.  But that had its issues, the biggest being
| that you had to fire up a full blown livecd in order to gain access to it.
| From a practical standpoint, that really didn't work too well.
|
| [...]
|
| For such a simple distribution with a simplistic purpose, it's been one of
| the better distributions I've come across for general maintenance to your
| computer's hard drive, and it's partitions. I'm quite impressed with it, and
| would recommend it to anyone who needs to edit some partitions on their
| computer, change them, remove them, etc.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=503

Parted Magic 2.0 - Firefox Included!

,----[ Quote ]
| Parted Magic 2.0 is a 42MB  Live CD/USB/PXE with the main goal of providing
| disk drive partitioning software. This new edition of Parted Magic 2.0 is
| designed for use  on x86 hardwares and was released two days before this
| year's Valentine's Day.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/248/1/

Related: