[News] 4 New Lists of Great GNU/Linux Applications

7 Interesting Apps for Command-Line

,----[ Quote ]
| aaxine - watch movies in the shell
| aaxine is included in the xine-console package and can be used to watch video
| files in a shell, without the need of the X Window System, with the help of
| ASCII characters. See the screenshot below:
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/04/5-interesting-apps-for-command-line.html

5 Essential Add-ons for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Video DownloadHelper - download media files (including YouTube Flash
| videos)
|
| Video DownloadHelper is maybe the most popular and powerful Firefox add-on
| for downloading Flash videos from various websites. Along with that, Video
| DownloadHelper also supports a wide range of video and audio files, including
| RAM, WMV, ASF, AVI and MP3, and you can add custom extensions too.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/04/5-essential-add-ons-for-firefox-3.html

8 Power Docks For Your Linux Machine

,----[ Quote ]
| To have or not to have a dock in Linux is really dependent on individual
| preferences. While popular Linux distros such as Ubuntu and Fedora do not
| come with a dock by default, there are plenty of dock applications around
| that one can easily install and create a dock for their desktop.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/8-power-docks-for-your-linux-machine/

8 Image Viewers for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Gwenview
|
| Gwenview is by far the most popular image viewer for KDE, and it comes with
| all the features a well-thought image viewing application should have: it
| provides a file browser, previews, resizeable thumbnails, and a wealth of
| plug-ins for basic image manipulation. The sidebar will display image
| information, together with shortcuts to several useful file operations, like
| left/right rotation, resize or red eye reduction. You can also insert ratings
| for your images, up to five stars (handled the same way Amarok 2.0.2 handles
| ratings for audio files).
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/04/8-image-viewers-for-ubuntu.html

Recent: