[News] [Rival] Dvorak Says Microsoft Credibility Destroyed, Google Will Replace It

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Dvorak Says Microsoft Credibility Destroyed, Google Will Replace It
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 12:09:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Will Google become Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| The point is that Google has given us only glimpses of its potential, and if
| we were to equate it with Microsoft, it would be like buying Microsoft stock
| today for 30 cents to 40 cents a share.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={22F8F0C2-4957-4E7C-8745-B214C6769338}

Microsoft's Negative Brand Image Gets Worse

,----[ Quote ]
| It's the Microsoft brand that attracts negative attention, don't you think?
| I've said this before in other columns, but Microsoft has lost control of its
| own brand image. The company lost it years ago, and I now see the brand
| itself as a negative factor. The exercise above confirms this if the
| conclusions are correct, and I believe they are.

Microsoft and the Corporate Identity Crisis

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/microsoft-and-the-corporate-identity-crisis/

Lawsuits as a business mode:

AtomicPark operator ordered to pay Microsoft $1.2 million

,----[ Quote ]
| A federal judge in Milwaukee has ordered Anthony Boldin, operator of
| AtomicPark.com and other businesses, to pay $1.2 million to Microsoft Corp.
| for selling counterfeit software.
`----

http://www.jsonline.com/business/42365382.html

Recent:

Chinese copyright cops diss Windows Nagware

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, vice-director of China's National Copyright Administration, Yan Xiaohong
| has cast aired doubts over Microsoft tactics.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/28/chinese-copyright-cops-diss

Microsoft faces second 'black screen' lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| A second Chinese man has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft demanding it
| remove a notice from his computer accusing him of using illegally copied
| software.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/28/ms_wga_china/

Microsoft sued in China for black screen of death

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/10/22/china_fury_microsoft_wga/