[News] Obama Puts MAFIAA in Charge While MAFIAA's Ring Leader Glickman Pushed Out

  • Subject: [News] Obama Puts MAFIAA in Charge While MAFIAA's Ring Leader Glickman Pushed Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 11:55:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Obama: Stop Filling Administration with RIAA Insiders

,----[ Quote ]
| Nearly two dozen public interest groups, trade pacts and library groups urged
| President Barack Obama on Thursday to quit filling his administration with
| insiders plucked from the Recording Industry Association of America.
|
| The demands came a week after the Justice Department, fresh with two RIAA
| attorneys in its No. 2 and No. 3 positions, announced the administration's
| support of $150,000 in damages for each music track purloined on a
| peer-to-peer file sharing program. The administration, moreover, has just
| declared as classified the inner workings of worldwide intellectual property
| trade pact. And Hollywood is urging Obama to embrace internet filtering as
| the content industry seeks to cut internet access to repeat copyright
| violators.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04/obama-stop-fill.html

MPAA boss Dan Glickman: on his way out

,----[ Quote ]
| Glickman won’t be laughing these days.
|
| TorrentFreak reports he’s been told his services will no longer be required,
| and we had an email - no doubt prompted by the TF report - saying the same.
|
| So who will the Hollywood moguls find to replace him? And can it be done
| within 18 months?
`----

http://www.p2pnet.net/story/19601

MediaDefender Buys MediaSentry

,----[ Quote ]
| Following the departure of founders Randy Saaf and Octavio Herrera, the
| future for MediaDefender looked even more uncertain than it did previously.
| However, those concerned that their favorite anti-piracy spoofing company
| might drift away, fear no more. MediaDefender’s parent company just acquired
| everyone’s favorite anti-piracy tracking company, MediaSentry
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/mediadefender-buys-mediasentry-090403/

Related:

The Biggest Ever BitTorrent Leak: MediaDefender Internal Emails Go Public

http://torrentfreak.com/mediadefender-emails-leaked-070915/