[News] SharePointless Replaced by Free Software with Alfresco

Alfresco extends customer support in software upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source content management company has celebrated doubling its revenue in
| the last financial year by launching a new version of its software.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/033109-alfresco-extends-customer-support-in.html

Content BOM: Going Open for ECM with Alfresco

,----[ Quote ]
| The overlaps between the pigeon holes that we put software in are getting
| more and more common. ECM, Enterprise Content Management, is not something I
| normally cover. Alfresco however provides a Business Operating Platform (BOM)
| for content. In addition it has 2 interesting credentials: firstly it is an
| open source product and secondly the company is led by John Newton, founder
| of Documentum, and John Powell, former COO of Business Objects.
`----

http://www.it-director.com/enterprise/content.php?cid=11181

Recent:

Alfresco provides further proof that open source is mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco has been on a roll lately. Word on the street is that Alfresco just
| nailed another quarter (That's eight straight quarters of growth and hitting
| its plan). This week Alfresco came out with some other cool news that I was
| forced pry out of of Matt Asay, as we both try to not shill for our own
| companies.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10030323-62.html

Alfresco-Adobe Pact Pushes Open Source Toward the Mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| The surprise was two-fold, that Adobe felt it was necessary to add content
| management services at all and that it chose open source vendor Alfresco as
| its content management partner.
|
| [...]
|
| If the Alfresco-Adobe deal can help push open source further into the
| enterprise mainstream, it will not only be a big deal for Alfresco, but could
| be a big step for other open source vendors as well.

Alfresco's Latest ECM: Prying Open a Sector?

,----[ Quote ]
| John Newton, the chairman and CTO at open source document management firm
| Alfresco, is no stranger to Enterprise Content Management (ECM). You might
| even say he helped put the term on the IT map when he co-founded Documentum,
| the document management company that EMC later bought.
|
| But that was then. Now, he's all about Alfresco's latest Enterprise 2.2
| product, and is trying to up the ante in a market sector dominated by
| proprietary vendors.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3746996/Alfrescos+Latest+ECM+Prying+Open+a+Sector.htm
http://tinyurl.com/5qjcse

Alfresco's sales up 320 percent, hits 30,000 active deployments

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9913953-16.html