Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 4th of April, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 4th of April, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:00:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 824 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     313 1188023     1%
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        94   97375    61%
   3. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            50   76620    59%
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        47   67829    31%
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    38   18905    57%
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         36   56126    16%
   7. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       31   35058    75%
   8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      23   38893    71%
   9. Gordon <gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxx>                  19   15148    79%
  10. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           17   32480    77%
  11. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     15   17736    70%
  12. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           14   15027    62%
  13. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxx   11   25615    27%
  14. Mark S Bilk <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               9   21292    55%
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               9   10981    90%
  16. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@REMOVETHISSPAMTRAP    8    9598    85%
  17. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    7    4956     2%
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               7   22383    32%
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                          7   17819    59%
  20. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>             6   13690    73%
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  6    5276    71%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            6    7235    49%
  23. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>              5    6871    75%
  24. Dale <dale.vile@xxxxxxxxx>                         4    8333    30%
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                        4    4804    81%
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>    4    3649    61%
  27. Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>              3    1917    70%
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    1949    57%
      Rob Schwenk <rschwenk00@xxxxxxxxx>                 3    4585    14%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           3    2941    71%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Will Windows ever grow into a real OS ?                  30   50786
      Linux in colleges                                        30   35889
   3. Microsoft and China: the new axis of cyberevil           28   60135
   4. Gambas and SQLite3                                       26   36329
   5. [News] Microsoft MVP Installs GNU/Linux                  25   16925
      Cedega                                                   25   40267
   7. The race is over, only the crying and wailing rema       19   23128
   8. Desktop Linux Survey                                     18   29163
   9. typical idiot MS troll                                   17   16389
  10. OT:  Windoze Vista Horror Story for BryanUT              16   32011
      [News] OpenOffice.org Already Downloaded More Than       16   16536
  12. [News] MAFIAA (Copyright Cartel) Starts Calling Ho       15   21315
  13. Another innovative Linux device, Windows trolls ma       14   15192
  14. 9/11 Was An Inside Job                                   13   26569
      Someone Found Microsoft's Lauren! And She's an Act       13   13879
  16. [News] Review of SimplyMEPIS 8.0                         11   12072
  17. Linux Foundation: Let's kill Microsoft's FAT             10   15801
      Microsoft MVP Installs GNU/Linux                         10   13065
  19. UK Parliament suffers from Windows scourge                7   10846
      [News] Many GNU/Linux Distributions Are Great; Div        7    8198
      Intel Chipsets and Fedora Core 2 (FC2 - X86-64)           7    5754
      PC Still Top For Gaming                                   7    9301
      Puppy Linux - awesome!                                    7    7472
      [News] Asus Eee Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Shipp        7    6132
  25. Thesis: developing in Linux is 10x quicker than in        6    8374
      Hard times ahead for MS in college?                       6    4639
  27. Nvidia/Kernel-upgrade oddity                              5    8676
      [News] New Ubuntu Newsletter and Magazine                 5    8643
      [Anti-FUD] ForOur Own Ewik                                5    3343
      [News] Sun Sheds Truth on OpenOffice.org Performan        5   18964
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     44
   2. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       38
   3. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           27
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       21
   5. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   17
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     16
   7. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        13
      Gordon <gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxx>                                 13
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      13
  10. Dale <dale.vile@xxxxxxxxx>                                        8
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           8
  12. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                     6
  13. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxx>                 5
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                              5
  15. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             4
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              4
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           4
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>      4
  19. Thufir Hawat <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                             3
      Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            3
      Mark S Bilk <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              3
      philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                         3
  23. Mart van de Wege <mvdwege_public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   2
      Rob Schwenk <rschwenk00@xxxxxxxxx>                                2
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           2
      karthikbalaguru <karthikbalaguru79@xxxxxxxxx>                     2
      peterwn <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                 2
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         2
  29. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                               1
      J.C <rup@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                             1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    142
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        76
   3. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        75
   4. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
   5. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       72
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxx>                69
   7. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             67
   8. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   66
   9. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           65
  10. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          63
  11. Mark S Bilk <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                             62
      Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          62
  13. philo <philo@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                        61
  14. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      60
  15. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     59
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    59
  17. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                58
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          58
  19. Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           57
  20. Gordon <gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxx>                                 56
  21. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     54
  22. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             53
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           442
   2. slrn                                                            163
   3. Thunderbird                                                      86
   4. Pan                                                              47
   5. G2/1.0                                                           35
   6. Forte Agent                                                      33
   7. XPN                                                               5
   8. Gnus                                                              4
   9. tin                                                               3
  10. Mozilla                                                           1
      Xnews                                                             1
      40tude_Dialog                                                     1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 09:00:31 up 149 days, 15:43,  4 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.25, 0.16