Re: [News] CAD Schroer Group Brings CAD Software to GNU/Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Free 2D/3D CAD on Windows and Linux - MEDUSA4 Personal™ Version 3.1 Release

,----[ Quote ]
| CAD Schroer Group (CSG), the global engineering solutions provider, today | announced the latest release of its free personal use version of the powerful | MEDUSA4 design automation suite, available for Windows and six different | Linux distributions. The industry-proven 2D/3D CAD solution now also includes | the MEDUSA4 Smart Drafting Tool (a new way of creating geometry without | construction lines), along with many additional enhancements. `----

http://www.pr.com/press-release/125239

Kind of strange they don't push a Mac version too.

Not too rarely people on a project will use tools that cover all OSes, even while the present versions of their application can run on only two out of three OSes. When that happens with Qt, I think some of it comes from Qt licensing, which makes you pay for each platform that you are developing for. IMO that licensing scheme is a significant contradiction of the concept of cross-platform development.

Also that makes me wonder how many proprietary projects are using cross-platform tools already, but presenting only a Windows version so far.