Re: [News] MAFIAA (Copyright Cartel) Starts Calling Horses "Pirates"

Thufir Hawat wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 01:54:36 +0100, Homer wrote:

Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:

These idiots need pulling into line. Playing the radio in a non public
forum is not a performance.
Playing the /radio/ is not a performance. Period.

It's the broadcast which is performance, not the listening.

Radio stations pay the PRS for broadcast performance rights and have done for ages. This is about the PRS using the lame excuse that more than one listener of an individual receiver constitutes a reperformance and is therefore subject to a license. We more or less told them to fuck off when they rang here. Mind, we don't have the radio on but that didn't stop them ringing. And ringing. And ringing. Couple of letters too. They seem to have basic comprehension issues. "We don't have music on" seems perfectly straight forward to me.