[News] ISPs Sell Out to the Copyright Cartel

MPAA Negotiates With ISPs to Disconnect or Penalize Copyright Offenders

,----[ Quote ]
| Hollywood studios are negotiating with broadband providers to take action
| against customers caught downloading movies repeatedly. Penalties range from
| redirecting infringers' browsers to an anti-piracy message and disconnecting
| them entirely, a movie industry source familiar with the talks said Friday.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/03/mpaa-asking-isp.html

RIAA, MPAA Copyright Warnings: Facts and Fiction

,----[ Quote ]
| This week several scary stories surfaced about how the MPAA and RIAA are
| negotiating with ISPs on how to deal with copyright infringers. Even though
| it was often presented as news, those who look deeper will realize that this
| is nothing new at all, just the same old threats dressed up in a new jacket.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/riaa-mpaa-copyright-warnings-facts-and-fiction-090328/

South Korea prepares to nuke its technological competitiveness with a
three-strikes copyright rule

,----[ Quote ]
| Joe sez, "South Korea is arguably one of the world's most internet-connected
| countries. Regrettably, the corrupt dinosaurs in the Korean National Assembly
| have just passed a bill in-committee to use a "three strikes" law against ISP
| connections there. The law awaits approval by the legislature.
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/03/29/south-korea-prepares.html

Recent:

SXSW 2009 on BitTorrent: 6 GB of Free Music

,----[ Quote ]
| The South by Southwest (SXSW) music festival is one of the largest and most
| popular in the United States. For the fifth year in a row, SXSW has released
| a DRM-free, RIAA-safe collection of songs totaling 6 GB, which can all be
| downloaded for free, thanks to BitTorrent.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/sxsw-2009-on-bittorrent-6-gb-of-free-music-090312/

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/eu-invests-22-million-in-next-generation-bittorrent-client/