[News] Early Experiences with Ubuntu 9.04 Beta

Ubuntu 9.04 Beta Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| So in closing, this version really is the next great thing.  While not
| revolutionary, it is definitely evolutionary. Its features just work with
| very little futzing around with the settings or even opening the terminal.
| The attention to detail continues to be top-notch and when Windows 7 comes
| out, I think that Ubuntu 9.04 is an excellent alternative – and if you are
| running a system a little bit older, a great replacement for Windows XP.
`----

http://www.synergymx.com/page.php?Title=Ubuntu_9.04_Beta_Preview/

Upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’re interested in trying out this beta release, remember that it’s
| intended for testing and not mission-critical systems. The release candidate
| is coming on April 16, and the final on April 23. Use the Bittorrent
| downloads to get your disk ISO the fastest!
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2009/03/30/upgrading-to-ubuntu-904-beta/

Recent:

Jackalope sighting: first look at Ubuntu 9.04 beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.04, codenamed Jaunty Jackalope, has reached the beta stage. Ars hops
| onto the new beta release to see how it performs.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/03/jackalope-sighting-first-look-at-ubuntu-904-beta.ars

Ubuntu 9.0.4 ScreenShots Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is my 3rd installment of the 9.0.4 Beta ScreenShots. My first ScreenShot
| was Kubuntu and then my 2nd one was Xubuntu. Finally I get to
`----

http://www.linuxdynasty.org/ubuntu-904-screenshots-beta.html

Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha 6, the Acer and the Dell

,----[ Quote ]
| While waiting about today for some lunch, I wrote part of this post on the
| AA1 in the text editor (since Bloggers interpretation of HTML is kinda sucky)
| and it was really nice to have the AA1 up on Ubuntu 9.04 with the Netbook
| desktop. Fast, full featured, and if the usage is slightly different, much
| easier once used to it on the 1024x600 screen. Several people stopped by to
| ask about the unit and see how it worked... although one of them was because
| I have an Apple sticker on the lid. That would be nice: an Apple Netbook.
| Everything I have read says that is not going to happen though. In the
| meantime, this all works pretty well. Finally.
`----

http://on-being-open.blogspot.com/2009/03/ubuntu-904-alpha-6-acer-and-dell.html

Dvorak Likes Linux

,----[ Quote ]